Passenger side power window

sweet6

My passenger side power window only goes down about 1/4 of the way and then it makes a buzzing sound. It makes the same buzzing sound when the window is all the way up and I have the button in the up position. I took the door panel off and I could not see much. So I left it alone.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what is wrong?

Thanks

Check for loose bolts or rivets, if none, replace motor ass'y. Usually the gears inside the motor have stripped. Not too bad of a job to do. Search for previous posts on this topic. BEWARE OF THE SPRING ON THE REGULATOR!!! It WILL EAT FINGERS!!!... Jim

Ronnie,,,,

I may have to do this very soon....

Having a tad bit of trouble with below:

"White lithium grease in a spray can lubes everything – including the window glass. Avoid this if you can, it’s really tough to clean off. Had to use mineral spirits"

Is the instructions stating to use white grease on the glass? Is graphite not an option anymore or am I in the dark ages (as usual)?

Nic,

I didn't write the article on changing the window motor but I will give my opinion on what he was trying to say.

I believe the author was trying to say you should keep the white lithium grease off the glass if possible because it is hard to clean off the glass.

I personally prefer white lithium grease over graphite and graphite based grease. I find graphite grease very hard to clean if it gets in clothing or materials like carpet. White lithium grease is much easier to clean up and doesn't stain materials near as bad.

Both have good lubricating properties. Graphite based grease would be the best in high temp. and high stress applications but is not needed for lubricating window hardware.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It could be the track and other moving parts need lubrication. If you need to replace the motor you can find instructions for doing it here on my website. </div></div>

how long did it take?

Guest drtoddh

My passenger window did EXACTLY what yours is doing. I got one from Jim Finn and had it replaced. I started to do it myself but didn't want to once I got inside the door. Thanks Jim, it works perfectly now. Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DTerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No. Only on the metal parts; teeth, gears, etc.

I used silicone lubricant on the channels. </div></div>

I updated the info on my site to reflect what you said.