Has this ever happened to you?

Have you ever gone out to your garage in the morning to find that someone has parked their freshly restored 1934 Packard Super Eight coupe-roadster painted in the most God-beautiful shade of green (with two double rows of thin, Thin, THIN, T-H-I-N pinstripes and black sidewall tires)?

Then, did that person tell you to drive it as often as you can?

Man! The brazen boldness and impudent insolence of some people just galls me!

post-33613-143137993683_thumb.jpg

Yes this has happened to me along with several other classic cars coming my way......then I would wake up!!! That is an awesome car..enjoy.

I had a similar experience once, when one of my friends was about to leave for an extended visit to Europe after he had retired, he drove his 1924 6cyl 6 1/2 litre OHC Hispano Suiza into my garage, with instruction to use it as if it was my own.

I drove it very little. I didn't like the brakes, and I didn't like the way it felt to drive. And it didn't seem to have as impressive road performance as my 1918 Mercer, which is a roughly similar size car (not a Raceabout). I never really felt entitled to tune or adjust it. The car was beautifully built and finished. You may consider me a Philistine if you like, but I would never trade one for a Stutz; while mecanically and in about every other way I consider the A model Duesenberg incomparably superior.

Ivan Saxton

Can you name the changes ???

Let see, Whitewalls and Flames are the 2 big things that stand out. The moon gas tank up front like a gasser is a nice touch along with the personalized License plate.

But what I really want to know is where you got the B & W picture of West driving ?

Ps My compliments on your Photoshop work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Wolk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nice car West! What did you trade for it?

</div></div>

Well.... when the FedEx truck arrived yesterday, I had to do some fast talking to convince the driver that my 1996 Saturn was actually the car he was supposed to pick up, and not a 1934 Packard.