What's a good price for an 81?

Guest jcrules78

Guest jcrules78

I've been looking at a 1981 Riviera with a 307 recently. She is totally loaded and nearly mint with 65,000 original miles. I have never seen a Rivie of this year in such amazing shape. Not a spec of rust, beatiful fresh beige paint, all of the chrome is perfect, perfect interior. The AC doesn't work because it needs a charge and the compressor binds up the belt when turned on. There is a tear in one of the rear left composite rubber pieces above the bumper. Other than that practically perfect. How much would I expect to pay for this car? The guy mentioned 5,000 and I think that is a bit much for this year. He said he would take offers. I was thinking 3,000 dollars was more reasonable. Any ideas on the average value of a mint 81?

JCRULZ

Jcrulz

Do ya have any pictures you could share of what this car looks like? I've got 4 of these cars and help with the classifieds but I can't give you my honest opinion sight unseen. A lot of people advertise their Riv's as being loaded when some of these "loaded" cars only have pretty much just the standard Riv options plus maybe one or two more options. I will say that 3 to 5 is what a lot of them go for.

Guest jcrules78

I haven't been able to get any pictures yet. I might go down there again at the end of the week, maybe I can bring my camera and then post some pics here. This car looks to be in excellent condition, better than any other Riviera of its body style that I have seen in person.

JCRULZ