Major sensor issues!

Guest jcrules78

Guest jcrules78

When I bought the car it came with a few sensor problems. The owners both said that the check engine light has been on since they bought it years ago. Nice. Anyway, it came with a constant 34 (MAF sensor) and an intermittent 13 (oxygen sensor). I tried using compressed air to clean the MAF sensor filaments with no luck. Not sure why I have the intermittent O2 sensor. I am going to try the junkyard for a MAF sensor and see if I can score one cheap since they are over 200 dollars new.

The new code I have been seeing as of a couple of days ago is 41 (cam sensor). I have no clue what a cam sensor is or does with relation to the camshaft. I don't know what would set it off either. Has anyone here had issues with these codes and if so what did they find out while dealing with them? This forum is great because everyone here is so into their cars and willing to help others with questions. As I learn more about my Reatta, hopefully I can be a help here too!

Thanks

jcrulz

Guest CL_Reatta

I have heard alot about the cam sensor, do some searching on the forum, if your getting an intermediate 13 replace the oxygen sensor and it will cure it.

Guest jcc3inc

Sir,

The function of the cam sensor is to time the injectors properly; the primary injector timing is done by the crank sensor. However the concensus seems to be that it doesn't matter much. Those who have had bad cam sensors say that both performance and fuel mileage is virtually unchanged when the sensor is replaced.

Regards,

Jack C.