Congratulations to Dandy Dave and Zonda

serb

Well, now that my mail has been delivered and looking through the bunch, My <span style="font-weight: bold">Bugle</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">Hemmings Classic Cars</span> magazines were in the pile. I have to agree with all that have attested to the great articles.

Dave and Paul, we are all proud to call you our own.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 20pt">Congratulations!!</span></span></span>

stevo

Guest ZondaC12

Yeah I was real happy to see that '15 in the Bugle!!! She looks great!

I remember how excited I was last year to see it for the first time, at Rhinebeck. What a sight, especially with the exposed valvetrain.

Somehow I still havent found time to sit down and read it all the way through but I noticed their mention of Dave's fabrication of his own axles for the car. That made me really happy. Like the old MOTOR's manuals say "keep em rollin". grin.gif

Paul,

I enjoyed reading the article in Classic Cars about you and your 38! How cool that you brought this car back to life and are showing it and keeping it going. I also enjoy your posts about the work you are doing on it. I'll bet your Dad would be very proud of the work you have done on it.

I recently took delivery of a 39 Limited model 90. A black beauty, it looks great in my garage, but refuses to shift out of first gear! I think my next stop may be the transmission shop, I've tried about everything I can think of to unstick it. Maybe it would rather live in the garage than be shown off on the street!

Have a great rest of the summer with your '38!

Guest imported_JPIndusi

JCK:

If the 39 Buick Series 90 has been sitting for a while it is possible that rust on the surface of the flywheel and the clutch pressure plate are stuck to the clutch disk. If you can push down on the clutch pedal and start the car and the engine runs then this is NOT your problem. In this case you are right that the transmission or linkage will need to be tackled.

Jpe, BCA 33493

Jpe,

Thanks for your reply, the car does start with the clutch engaged. I actually had it running, was able to shift into reverse and all three forward gears, but after I put it away in the garage it is stuck in first! Have talked to a local transmission shop that is willing to look at it, guess I'll have to get pulled out of the garage and slowly drive it to the shop!!

Thanks again,

Jeff K.

Thanks Surb, Someday the 1915 should be in Hemmings also. They came and took a load of photos a while back and I saw the fellow at the BCA meet. He said it is still in the works.

smile.gif Dandy Dave!