Having sand blasted before, I decided that I was not going to eat or wear any media this time. With two cars to restore and many types of media I needed something to contain and recycle my media cheaply, but still have room to blast a fender. This is what I came up with. That is the front fender for my dads 58 special in the booth.

post-56352-143137993595_thumb.jpg

post-56352-143137993599_thumb.jpg

post-56352-143137993604_thumb.jpg

Hey Lamar, the plastic is only 3 mil painters plastic sheet from lowes. So far it has held up well and I made it easy to replace in case it didn't. Been using it for about a month now with no issues. I have two blasters, I bought a cheep gravity fed blaster for sand and agressive media and I have an Eastwood pressure blaster for soda and less agressive media. I did a few potmetal dash pieces with the soda and the results were impressive, the soda did not touch the details of the metal. The cost of the booth was about $70.00, being able to blast without the mess Priceless !

Just to up date this for any one who builds a cabnet like this, I found that the baking soda dusts alot. I put a furnace filter on one end of the cabnet and a three speed box fan on the other end with a filter over the motor. This works great. I can blast for hours. Scott