a matter of taste

you know the guy chip foose, he is a heck of a designer. His credo when modifing a car is to make it look like what the factory should have/could have made it. I did a lot of reseach on maser and its models during the time period that the tc was designed before I started detaling mine. The TC in many ways a 2 seat convertable in the same flavor as the quatroporte. Many of the interior cues are there (altnertae color on the insturment hood and the plush vrs sports seats. In any event, maser had a great sense of style, do a bit of research and make the tc look the way it SHOULD have looked....

Chip is a heckofa nice 'regular' sort of guy. Easy to talk to and always unassuming. He brings some of his projects out to the Saturday morning Cars and Coffee show (carsandcoffee.org for pics) I think he may be stalking me though as I ran into him at Starbucks too smirk.gif

BTW GTP, is this a new thread, I think I missed a page or something confused.gif

Alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inventorgtp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">new thread, just musing on some of the "modifications" i have seen here.............I wonder what chip would/could do to a tc.... </div></div>

Well Twin kinda has an in with Chip....he could just ask him. Crazy idea ,I know, but it just might work..... wink.gif

Chip would.....push it off a cliff. I asked Chip at last years Barret-Jackson in Palm Beach. He HATES Italian cars. He also thinks the last good mopars were produced in the early 1970's. Front wheel drive is also a waste on Chip. Chip is now-and will always be a Ford man.

Guest mystic

hi, ive allways felt maseratis stood for

cool, slightly understated,slightly mean{aggresive}for the people with taste

i saw princess DI get out of a spyder once

so for sure classy ,any way thats my 2 pence worth ,alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mystic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi, ive allways felt maseratis stood for

cool, slightly understated,slightly mean{aggresive}for the people with taste

i saw princess DI get out of a spyder once

so for sure classy ,any way thats my 2 pence worth ,alan </div></div>I agree, and it "depends" the big quatroporte was all the above and about the first of the "perfomance" 4 seaters (merc's S class was inspired by it). I laugh in a way, the little TC (done properly) now causes people of all ages to say "beautiful car" and I marvel that with 90,000 miles on the clock on mine it performs very well and is trouble free. That is very un italian auto, at 57k miles my 308 had been in the shop 37 times, the tc only once for a new cam belt. Is the tc a pure bred, nope, but like the mongrel she is strong, lovely and a joy to play with every day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inventorgtp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..... Is the tc a pure bred, nope, but like the mongrel she is strong, lovely and a joy to play with every day. </div></div>

Well spoken..er..typed I mean... laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mad_Bohemian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inventorgtp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..... Is the tc a pure bred, nope, but like the mongrel she is strong, lovely and a joy to play with every day. </div></div>

Well spoken..er..typed I mean... laugh.gif </div></div>some other great mongrels...shelby ac cobra....detomaso/ford pantera...sunbeam alpine tiger...jenson interceptor... the list go's on and on........be proud of your maserati tc for she is the best blend, and maybe the best car maserati built from 1950 till 1999....

I have a customer that I nicknamed the "Little Old Lady from Pasadena". We hit it off the first time when I blurted out Nash Healey as she talked about a car she had a Looong time ago.

I had a friend that had a Sunbeam Talbot as in the Grace Kelly movie. It was like a 3/4 scale Rolls. Storage for a bottle of wine and two glasses in the passenger kick panel and a rumble seat. The toolkit was recessed in the trunk lid.

You mean like this? Car belongs to John Bacon in St Augustine Florida. He built a custom wine rack of African rosewood. I had wine custom bottled for the Florida event 2 years ago. That is the T/C special wine in the rack. A bottle of red and a bottle of white.

post-38433-143137993818_thumb.jpg

post-38433-143137993821_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowancom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like this? Car belongs to John Bacon in St Augustine Florida. He built a custom wine rack of African rosewood. I had wine custom bottled for the Florida event 2 years ago. That is the T/C special wine in the rack. A bottle of red and a bottle of white. </div></div>man I am LIKING THAT, off to the shop to wang one up myself.think i will put the wine bottles in a solid state cooler thing running off the power supply.......perfect, chilled white or champers..now THATS what a maserati tc IS!!!!!!!!!!!!