reatta's original retail prices

as a relative new comer to the forum, i and i'm sure other folks would like the following questions answered by you older AND WISER club members.<BR> what were the prices of the new reattas say the four model years and the coverts?<BR> why DOES such great car have such low production numbers?<BR> why did buick cancel production?<BR> why was there never a high performance model?<BR> what colour codes were the most desirable ?<BR> ok hers the big one, you can only purchase one, you've got 20,000.00, which year, colour and options is the 'ULTIMATE'.<BR> PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY THING THAT MAY BE OF INTREST THANKS

I am back in Indiana and don't have my data available...but in 1988 a Reatta coupe without additional options MSRP was $25,000<P>Your color and some other questions can be answered at Tom Jenkins site <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> <P>The if I had $20,000 to buy a Reatta question can be answered several ways and each person is going to have a different answer.... My personal thinking is look for a good vehicle for around $7-10K buy it and learn more about the cars and save the rest until you find the exact car you want.

The two '90 convertibles that I've bought that were delivered to California topped $36,000, including transportation. That gives you some idea of why low production numbers and early cancellation. That was a ton of money in 1990!<P>Jerry

The two '90 convertibles that I've bought that were delivered to California topped $36,000, including transportation. That gives you some idea of why low production numbers and early cancellation. That was a ton of money in 1990!<P>Jerry

Anyone ever get to read or see the report on Reattas and their marketing that was done in late June by Julie. You'll recall that she asked for help on the forum?

Guest Greg Ross

I recall reasonably vividly my first close encounter with a Reatta. A close friend of mine had his wife's wagon into a Dealer for some warranty work, he had some Business around town and they gave him their Demo '91 Red and Tan for the Afternoon.<BR>I was impressed, particularly with the price $54,000. Canadian List.<BR> wink.gif" border="0

From the collection of window sticker I have accumulated, here are the sticker prices. <BR>1988 = $25,000<BR>1989 = $26,700<BR>1990 Coupe = $28,335 Convertible =$34,995<BR>1991 Coupe = $29,300 Convertible =$35,965<BR>Option prices did not change.<BR>Sunroof =$895<BR>16 way seat = $680<BR>CD player ('90-'91)= $396<BR>Additional 1991 options.....<BR>White seats = $100<BR>White wheels =$100<BR>If the pin stripe was deleted you received a <BR>$45 credit.