Sign in to follow this  
Wowabunga

1930's OEM Lincoln Bumper Jack

Hi folks... I'm working on a ID Guide for old car jacks. We have ID Guides for gas pumps, victrolas, and barbie dolls and I just figured there is a need for one for old jacks. Also I imagine all over the world in old barns there are old jacks that need to find their way back home to the original cars and trucks.

Today I have a very nice 1936 Lincoln jack, with raised letters and is made by Auto Specialities. Could someone please let me know if my identification is correct. Also would like to know other years this may fit.

36_lincolnjack.jpg

A near identical jack recently sold on the net and it was for a 36-37 Ford. The part number on the jack body pictured is SJ2550. I met a Zephyr owner who told me that they had several jacks of this style in the 1930's with minor differences in how they were made... comments greatly appreciated...

Hi Cecil Bozarth,

I saw your jack this morning when I was doing a google search... not much out there other than your page. Your web page is a VERY good resource.

Could you tell me the numbers on the main jack assembly please. Your base is square. I have to take another photo as my base is very similar but rectangular.

This jack I have has 3 lips for lifting.... does yours also have 3 ?

Hey Randy -

The main assembly has three lips and part number 2590 on the main body and 2591 on the rachet. Very close to the numbers you have, but not Ford or Lincoln numbers. Given the slight differences in design, it's possible that they were made by different suppliers or represent different versions.