BLM 150 Update!!!!!

Guest trofeo73

Guest trofeo73

Hey everyone, I have not finally eliminated that pesky little problem. After changing out almost all vacum lines that left black soot on my hands, putting the mass sensor screen back in, and installing a K&N drop in air filter the indication is gone. Of course I reset my computer too. The BlM now reads 120-128. As does the integrator as well. I suspect the MAF screen should have never been taken out. The car runs a little better, but noticibly it wont die on a cold startup, it runs smoothly smile.gif" border="0 Thanks again for all of your insight.

Guest EDBS0

7. What does the honeycomb screen in the throttle body do? Should I take it out?<P>The function of the honeycomb is to create a laminar flow across the entire surface of the throttle body, so that air flow is uniform and homogenous. The MAF sensing element is "spot checking" the airflow in one spot inside this area, and for accurate airflow measurement, the airflow in this spot should not be high or low relative to the rest of the area. Without the honeycomb, turbulence could make that spot reading inaccurate. What you don't know is whether it's skewing the reading higher or lower. If higher, it'll make the engine run rich. Lower, and she'll run lean.