It's happening! in Flint!

BUICK RACER

Car's in the trailer. Truck is fueled. Tire pressures all checked. Suitcases packed. Cooler filled.

Then a family member gets sick. S**t happens. You do what you gotta do. Have fun without me.............Bob

Roberta, thanks for the link! It's killin' me to be sitting here in Tacoma while you're all having fun in Flint, so I'm desperate for news about all the spectacular Buicks.

Please keep us posted, and we anxiously await links to photos from anyone who can supply them.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Bob,

Words of wisdom from an old friend who's no longer with us: There's two things you CAN do in life. The right thing and the wrong thing. There is only ONE thing TO do, and that is the right thing. You did it.

and I can empathize with you Bob. Rita and I had big plans for Flint this year but a couple of months ago we began getting concerned about my mom who is 90 and lives with us. We decided to put off going to Flint. Well , last Sunday mom fell and broke her hip so you can imagine where we've been spending our time this week. So hey, if misery loves company, you got company.

I hope it's not too serious with your family member whomever it may be and that the illness is shortlived. You've got my blessings

Guest dabecker65@gmail.com

Lamar, Bob - know how you feel about missing the big one, but it is best to do the "right" thing for loved ones. This was going to be my first trip to a BCA National in many years and had planned for the past year. Spouse had a seizure the end of last week and that took care of trip. Everyone is fine - much easier to deal with than a broken hip with a parent. That is a tough one to handle - been there, done that - now its my hips to worry about. Aging is not for the timid. May you be Blessed wit hyour mother's full recovery. I am not a "poster" but a regular reader.

Maybe will be able to start "smaller" and attend SE Regional in Columbus.

Guest windjamer

Grumpy you are 100% right. A friend of mine put it just a little differaunt. He said getting old aint for sissys.

Went to the GM cruise last night in Rob Sweareingen's 24 Buick touring. Rob blew his exhaust whistle and honked his horn to make his way down the crowded brick street in downtown Flint. All kinds of great cars & trucks were on display down both sides of the street. A rock band played and when they took a break, oldies recordings were played for everyone to enjoy.

We parked near the bandstand & stayed until about 9:30 when a short cloudburst cleared the street. We headed for the trailer and saw the Flint fireworks on the way back. What a great day...; but a really long day. As Bill Stoneberg reported in another "Texas" post, the forum breakfast was a blast, but it was at 7:30 AM!

The Motts are here from Florida and have a couple of the most interesting prewar cars here. I was most impressed to see the little Mott car and the only Twin Six Buick ever made. The GM Heritage Buicks are also here for everyone to see up close and personal. Yesterday I saw "The Old Guy" drive the Buick Bug off the show field & I think I managed to get a short movie of it.

I have not yet downloaded all my photos, but stay tuned....

Guest gecco

The strangest thing happened tonight, and I am sure it will happen to some of you. When we were in Flint, we stopped at the Buick "test drive" trailer. I filled out a card and noted that we were interested in purchasing a new car within the next 6-12 months, and preferred Buick - we didn't even list any other car preference. (the LeSabre has 175,000 miles now so it's due for retirement soon....

)

I don't know whether to be pissed off or scared for Buick, but I got an email tonight thanking me for my expressed interest in "GM products". Never once was there a mention of Buick. It was strictly a "GM" follow up message.