Detailing for the first show...

I'm headed out to Michigan in a couple of weeks when my TC will be shown for the first time - it's a 'survivor' recently retired from daily driver duties.

I am mostly concerned with the bumper's rubber trim - I've never seen a TC at a show before (maybe 'cause I frequent Mopar only events?). Should I give it a shot of 'wet tire' juice, or just leave it 'clean'?

Anyone remember how they looked on the showroom floor 'back in the day'?

TT

They were never shiny on the showroom floor. More like the same "gloss" you find on new tires that haven't been armor-alled. wink.gif If you have some dullness or drying, take some watered down armor-all and apply it with a rag. It will darken the colour without adding excessive shine or slickness.

Tony I have found that Mothers back to black works quite well. I have used it on my TC and Lebaron, it will restore faded black trim quite well. Good luck in your show. I am putting my Tc in the Atlantic Nationals this weekend, it will likely be the only TC ever shown there. Check their web site click on te line below each days activities for pictures of Canada's largest car show over 1600 cars. www.atlanticnationals.com Merrill Nelson

Just to put a wrap on this thread, I spend about 8 hours and only got it 'clean'. The trunk/door jams or under the hood looked like they had'nt been attended to in many years...but it was a very enjoyable day, seeing the car come back to life bit by bit. Also got an up close and personal look at the rust beginning to show on the rockers, I hope it will hold up until I can afford to do some serious body work.

TT

Guest tcstroud

Tony,

The Mopars at the red barns looks to be a good time. I might try to get over there with my 16V. I just put a few of the last missing pieces that I aquired over the winter.

Tom

Looking forward to meeting any and all who can make it, and seeing some TCs...if the 16V cars start showing up, it's gonna humble me and my little T2...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Bring 'em on!!</span></span>

TT