Heyer Dyna-vision

Al H.

I aquired this machine from my uncle who used it as late as the 60's. Does anyone know anything about it

Part of the machine description is: The instant Engine Analyzer. Patented in 1959.it has ascope on top a gas analzer air fuel ratio meter tacometer cam dwell this mounted on a roller cabinet makes neat garage art would like figer it out would use it on my 57 chevy with the built 327 or the 27 twith aother 327 64gmc pu with a 305 v6 and 77 mg roadster iwould like to use it onthis old stuff can take pic of it thank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my Uncle's company built that! He was a WW I pilot and after the war started a company in NJ building test equipment for aircraft. In the 1950s he downsized the designs to be used for cars. He had a whole catalog of about 50 things from battery chargers to engine testers. He was the the first to use a TV picture tube to display engine test data. I think he sold out to Atlas Battery in the early 1960s and retired and passed around 1983.

From what I have seen, if you can figure it out it will work today even on new cars with electronic ignition! It tests the engine by showing waveforms of the current going into the spark plugs. The shape of the waveform shows exactly the condition of the plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

vpeng just seen your reply on the dyno tuner thanks even if I never get it figured out Ienjoy having it with the rest of my shop stuff ITmake me remember the thing s I learned from my uncle once again thanks

• 4 years later...
I aquired this machine from my uncle who used it as late as the 60's. Does anyone know anything about it

Part of the machine description is: The instant Engine Analyzer. Patented in 1959.it has ascope on top a gas analzer air fuel ratio meter tacometer cam dwell this mounted on a roller cabinet makes neat garage art would like figer it out would use it on my 57 chevy with the built 327 or the 27 twith aother 327 64gmc pu with a 305 v6 and 77 mg roadster iwould like to use it onthis old stuff can take pic of it thank

hi

I found an instruction manual for this instrument, dated 1958. any interest?

Guest RonJar

I used a scope/engine analyzer called a Dyna Vision in a shop where I worked in the mid-late sixties. It didn't have the name Heyer on it that I remember. Every car that came in for a tune up was scoped before and after engine tuning. It was a great spark plug and high tension wire salesman ..... <G>

RonJ