Sign in to follow this  
Shop Rat

Young kids and old cars. Please share your photos, old or new.

A fellow forum member sent this to me sometime ago, but it certainly needs to be posted here.

"Watch Us Go!"

Kid_Flying_high.jpg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

That was taken at Hershey last year during the high wheeler competition. I remember both the car and the kid.

(Second Try)

This picture is from our annual car show, held in the County's Historical Park among the 25 old buildings. We encourage people to come in period outfits of their cars (Pre 1960) This is always fun for the kids and grandkids to be part of the show. It also makes other kids interested in what we do.

post-32318-143137992108_thumb.jpg

Here's another one. How long since you've seen a Good Humor Man? Notice the kid in Good Humor pedal trike. Same annual show in Heritage Village, Largo, Florida Easter Saturday every year.

I'm only getting about 50% of these pictures to stick.

any advice? I do the sam process from Peter Garipy's

6/15/07 on how to attach photo's. some stick, some don't.

paul.. what do you mean "stick? I see lots of photos... am i missing something?

Peter,

Every one of the messages I sent to this thread had a picture with it. When it posted, only two of them actually had the photo visable. That's what I meant by not getting the photo "stick" to the post.

Again I'll try to "stick" the "Good Humor" picture to this post.

When I Preview it, there is no picture.

Paul

Paul, after you "add files", then click "done adding files", you will see your picture attachment address above the text box.

At that time, you can preview your text, but the attachment will not show up as a picture in your preview box.

Maybe, you didn't click on "done adding files"?

Wayne

I collect photos from days gone by... specially like vacation pics... one of my favorites....

2kidsdogcar.jpg

And this one... well words alone can't do justice....

gumpyguncarkidgun.jpg

Two great old photos. Funny that the youngest boy is the one with the rifle. And I love the one of the boys wearing the Fly Ace hats with their best friend by their side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shop Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny that the youngest boy is the one with the rifle. </div></div>

He looks to be the one I would trust the most. smile.gif

This young lady used to live next door to me. She was as sweet as cotton candy. It's common place for adults to come over and look at the car and/or ask to go for a ride but I was shocked the day this little 5 yo girl came over for the sole purpose of asking if I would take her for a ride in my old car. She asked me to take pictures of her in the car so I did and printed them out for her. Her mother told me later she had them hanging on her bedroom wall.

DSC00006.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shop Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny that the youngest boy is the one with the rifle. </div></div>

He looks to be the one I would trust the most. smile.gif</div></div>

I SWEAR that older fellow is GRANDPA from the Munsters TV Show....!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shop Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny that the youngest boy is the one with the rifle. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He looks to be the one I would trust the most. smile.gif </div></div>

Now that I take a second look I think I agree with you. That is one motley looking crew for sure. smirk.gif

Wayne posted these instructions above for Paul. See if they help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">after you "add files", then click "done adding files", you will see your picture attachment address above the text box.

At that time, you can preview your text, but the attachment will not show up as a picture in your preview box.

Maybe, you didn't click on "done adding files"?

Wayne</div></div>

Hey Guys,

Here is my contribution, daughter 8 and son 4 taken last summer with our 22 Dodge Brothers Speedster. My daughter is the owner of the vehicle. Just ask her and she will tell you that no matter what she owns the controlling interest in the vehicle. Has come in handy a few times when Momma thought it might be time to get rid of the old car. I told her to go negotiate with her daughter. She never wins when she negotiates with her daughter. HAHAHAHA!!

Honestly I have had the car for 13 years and it is a member of the family.

Chop

kid_pic_road.jpg

Me, and my dad, and the car that started it all, waaaaay back in 1971, when the old car was just a used car.

hartliebwhitesf.jpg

Guys in my opinion, spending time with the kids and old cars is just "Quality Time", to steal a phrase from the younger generation. My dad did it with me, and now I do it with my kids. It sure is better for them, than sitting in front of some video game.

Time spent with your children is something all the money in the world can neither buy nor replace.

INDEED! And, the building of memories........My parents lived next door to a wonderful lady who had no children, and she would "borrow" me from my Mom sometimes and take me shopping (and treats)with her in her 1941 Buick. She loved her Buicks, and she made a believer of me! At the age of 12, I convinced my Dad to buy a Buick. He did, and it was one of the best autos her ever owned. It was a nice 1941, too. later in life, I became an avid Buick collector, and I owned about 150 old Buicks ranging in years from 1929 to 1958. I had a '31 coupe for 37 years. I sold all my old Buicks (except the '31) in 1986 when I moved to California from Indiana. I sold the '31 in '01 when we moved her to Wyoming. We have a nice '51 Olds now. Just gotta have an old car! Now we make memories with our grandkids!!

I've been known to give people rides in my 26 simply because I felt like it. I'll give some young person or a neighbor a short ride in my old car and they'll talk about it for weeks.

I still remember the first time I let my son drive it. He thought I was crazy, which I am but that's another topic. He's refused to drive it since for reasons unknown to me but he still smiles when he tells someone he actually drove an 80 year old car.

Not much more in life a person can ask for then to put a smile on someones face. Sometimes the best smiles are those that don't cost a cent. grin.gif