Young kids and old cars. Please share your photos, old or new.

Shop Rat

Our friends Beth and Dan invited us to their house for a cookout for Bill's 64th birthday on July 2nd. After dinner Bill took their son Daniel for a ride in the Mercedes. I think the grin sort of says it all. He thinks the car is really cool. Dan owns a black Buick Grand National.

post-36313-143137991189_thumb.jpg

My 16-year-old son with his 1983 VW Scirocco.

We've been working on this car together for a year getting it running. He's had visions of modifications, until a Scirocco expert from California looked the car over from top to bottom and said it was the best and most original 8v Scirocco he'd seen in 10 years. Now he's all about keeping it stock. He purchased an original radio, even. It goes to show how a non-parent can make a big impact on a young man's point of view (I guess that could be good or bad crazy.gif )

post-33613-143137991347_thumb.jpg

Guest boettger

Here's one of my most cherished photo's from 1955.

That's me, sitting on the Driver's side fender (with some help from mom),

Don Kitchen's 1929 Franklin Model 135.

I think this is when my love for Antique Automobiles started!

post-30600-143137991362_thumb.jpg

Guest wk's_olds

I have 16 grandkids and 7 great-grandkids. Where we reside, there are just 7. (the others are all over the country) These 7 are part of our youngest daughter's family. They actually have 8, but the oldest is married and in the Navy. The other 7 range in age from 17 to 2 yrs old. They all LOVE the old cars! Here's kids turned loose in an old car museum!!

HPIM08692.jpg

HPIM08753.jpg

They enjoy riding in them, too!

HPIM12692-1.jpg

HPIM11862-1.jpg

Our 2 year old granddaughter gives her approval of our '51 Olds 98 sedan:

HPIM2136.jpg

Guest ChrisSummers

At 19, a lot of folks still consider me a "young kid," so here's yours truly in a Duesenberg (not mine...sadly).

keelsandwheelsandothers200.jpg

Great photos and great families, all. West, you need to take a modern one of you sitting in the same place on the Packard, from the same angle.

So you're the one that owns that vehicle. I love seeing it when we come to Hershey. And the photo is great.

Come on folks, I know I have seen lots of photos in the past here on various forums of kids and old cars. Let's trot them out again in one place so that all can enjoy them. Or take some new ones to share.

I have a few great pictures of kids around antique cars and would like to share them in this thread. The Question is How do I put a photo in my post? Need simple instructions.

Thanks

OK, thanks for the instructions.

Here goes with an attempt to include a picture.

This is a picture taken at the AACA Florida West Coast Region

Show. I had my 1935 Ford Pickup (Barn find and AACA HPOF Reject) and my Bulldozer with a 1 HP B & S engine at the show when these two you guys came along and showed interest.

I encouraged them and their mother (also young) to enjoy our hobby.

DOBBIN_PHOTO.jpg

The first one was a GIANT picture, but I don't know why. What should I do before make that mistake again? (Second Try)

This picture is from our annual car show, held in the County's Historical Park among the 25 old buildings. We encourage people to come in period outfits of their cars (Pre 1960) This is always fun for the kids and grandkids to be part of the show. It also makes other kids interested in what we do.

Paul, you must have missed a step that time??

It's not bad having a large picture, just makes it hard to read the forum thread. You probably need a picture program to resize these pictures for them to be a more uniform size, unless one came with your computer. Probably wouldn't cost more than $30.00.

W.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul, you must have missed a step that time??

It's not bad having a large picture, just makes it hard to read the forum thread. You probably need a picture program to resize these pictures for them to be a more uniform size, unless one came with your computer. Probably wouldn't cost more than $30.00.

W. </div></div>

Easier way to do this is to right click on the file you want to reduce in the file explorer. Then select from the menu send to mail recipient. A dialog box wil come up asking what size. Pick 640X480 or another size. It will then generate an email in outlook with the reduce file as an attachment. Just copy the file attachement in the email to your desire file folder. Close the email. Picture reduced for free!

Please send me $30 laugh.gif

(Second Try)

This picture is from our annual car show, held in the County's Historical Park among the 25 old buildings. We encourage people to come in period outfits of their cars (Pre 1960) This is always fun for the kids and grandkids to be part of the show. It also makes other kids interested in what we do.

post-32318-143137992108_thumb.jpg

Here's another one. How long since you've seen a Good Humor Man? Notice the kid in Good Humor pedal trike. Same annual show in Heritage Village, Largo, Florida Easter Saturday every year.

Peter,

Every one of the messages I sent to this thread had a picture with it. When it posted, only two of them actually had the photo visable. That's what I meant by not getting the photo "stick" to the post.

Again I'll try to "stick" the "Good Humor" picture to this post.

When I Preview it, there is no picture.

Paul

Paul, after you "add files", then click "done adding files", you will see your picture attachment address above the text box.

At that time, you can preview your text, but the attachment will not show up as a picture in your preview box.

Maybe, you didn't click on "done adding files"?

Wayne

This young lady used to live next door to me. She was as sweet as cotton candy. It's common place for adults to come over and look at the car and/or ask to go for a ride but I was shocked the day this little 5 yo girl came over for the sole purpose of asking if I would take her for a ride in my old car. She asked me to take pictures of her in the car so I did and printed them out for her. Her mother told me later she had them hanging on her bedroom wall.

DSC00006.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shop Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny that the youngest boy is the one with the rifle. </div></div>

He looks to be the one I would trust the most. smile.gif</div></div>

I SWEAR that older fellow is GRANDPA from the Munsters TV Show....!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shop Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny that the youngest boy is the one with the rifle. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He looks to be the one I would trust the most. smile.gif </div></div>

Now that I take a second look I think I agree with you. That is one motley looking crew for sure. smirk.gif