Peerless photo on eBay

alsancle

No, they are rare. I belive there are 4-5 of these over several years out there. I can't pinpoint the year on that one but it looks like a 1927 through 1931. My guess would be 1929 due to side venting of the hood.

Impressive car.

This is one of the last-of-the-line Peerless models, either a 1930 or 1931. Straight-eight engine, 115-120 hp, 322 cu. in.; these last two years of production had fairly stylish bodies designed by Alexis de Sakhnoffsky. This Russian designed coachwork for Packards, Cadillacs, Marmons, Mercedes-Benz's, Minervas, Isotta-Fraschini's and Hispano-Suizas, too. It is a 1930, based on the front bumper. Someone had a car identical to this one for sale in the Peerless Club newsletter back in the first issue in 1989...so it is probably still out there somewhere.

One of these would be a pretty flashy auto to have if you found one and restored it, seeing how a lot of people still gravitate toward open cars more than closed cars. Personally, I like the closed cars a little more. I've never seen one in person, either. The 8-cyl '30 and '31's came in models A, B, and C -- or Standard, Master, and Custom.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)