Heartbreak over my 88 Reatta

DebbieH

My Reatta had run out of gas (I thought) but wouldn't start after refueling. I asked here on this forum for some advice and some of you generously responded. I went to look at it this morning where I had left it parked, thinking the cam sensor and/or crank sensor needed replaced and only found a lot of shattered glass where it had last been parked.

Needless to say, some vandals had smashed all the glass except the passenger window, and the police had it towed early this morning to a salvage yard.

Since I've no money to fix all that glass, the car now belongs to the salvage yard owner. So....for those of you seeking good parts, you might try Pierce Towing, Rand, WV. Phone (304)926-0185 or (304) 344-0185. The car was running great before it stalled the other day, everything except the A/C works just fine, and the only body damage was to the passenger front quarter panel. It is black with saddle interior.

I'm hopimg my bad luck will at least be someone else's good luck. I am (sadly) now driving a 93 Camry station wagon with only 43k on it. It'll no doubt run forever....

Thanks, Debbie H.

Guest Drake

Debbie, So Very Sorry to hear about your Reatta. For now, keep driving the Camry and stay with the Forum. I'm sure things will work out in the future for you. When the time comes, we'll see a new posting from you about the New Reatta you just purchased. Good Luck & Be Safe.

Thanks, Drake. Everyone on this forum has been very kind and helpful. I'll tune in often, and when I hit the lottery, I'll make the Reatta my first purchase!! In the meanwhile, that Camry does get better gas mileage. Maybe you shouldn't have a "relationship" with your car anyway:)

Daniel,

I don't mind you asking. I would have offered it for sale here for a nominal amount. It just didn't seem like much of an option at the time. I'm very cash poor at the moment (only a temporary situation) and was afraid I'd rack a few hundred in expenses only to not sell it.

The salvage owner only gave me $200.00 for it(Plus towing/storage fees ($120.00). I haven't, however, sent him the title yet nor have we signed anything. If you want to make an offer, I'll get it out of there before more storage stacks up. It would be nice to see someone have it who can put it back in order. But I would probably need to know within 24 hours or so.

You can email me at debbie.harless@mcjunkinredman.com during 0800-1700 EST M-F and I'll give you my phone number.

If you're interested, just let me know.

Thanks, Debbie