Radio location 88

I'm trying to repair the damage done by previous owners installation of a aftermarket radio. <BR>Can not locate the radio - have center console apart and have found nothing that either looks like a radio or has an antenna plugging in. <BR>Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. (No FSM at this time).<BR>Jack

Guest Greg Ross

Good news is you're looking in all the right places, sounds like the bad news is the radio module may have been stripped out.<BR>With the console top cover removed, beneath the shifter bezel/ window switch nearest the driver's seat should be an aluminum box/ module-doesn't look anything like a Radio. There will be a wiring harness coming back past the shifter frame with three plugs-(to radio module) and a single tape wrapped cable coming from the rear-(Antenna)<BR>Let us know further what you find/ definite asset to have the FS Manual. wink.gif" border="0

Thank you all, between the FAQ and the suggestion to re connect the bad connections under the seats, and your help here in identifying what and where the radio is, and then actually finding the radio under about an inch of 'ash tray ash', we are getting more and more 'stuff' running. <BR>Again - thanks - I'd have never guessed that the radio was what it was, where it was.<BR>Jack<BR> smile.gif" border="0

Not trying to block a sale here... but be advised that the Riviera came with a choice of I think three radios, only one of which is the same as the one that came with the Reatta. All three will work, but ony one has the graphic equalizer function. I would double check the part number to be sure.

Guest kennyw

RawjaNYC: 3 different radios for the Riv? I have a lg. manual from a library. Really a nice book. It keeps talking about a [delco-bose] radio.....Is this what we have it the Reatta or just the Riv? How do you tell what Radio I have from the Riv. I figured with the touch screen all would be the same.<P> please reply to: dkwatson247@hotmail.com shocked.gif" border="0

My parts book doesn't list the radio part #s.<P>My under standing is that the 86-89 Riv had a choice of three radios.<P>1. Base radio... No graphic equalizer<P>2. Optional radio... has graphic equilizer (shared with the Reatta)<P>3. Bose Radio... No graphic equilizer & no amp integral to the radio, there were seperate amplifiers at each speaker location.