Keyless Entry quit working

It was a hot one here in the Midwest today, I took my 89 Reatta to work, with the idea of taking it to the Buick Dealership for an oil change..walked out to my car, used the remote entry, drove to the dealership, got my oil changed..now my remote (neither one) works...I just replaced the batteries in them about 3 weeks ago..I know we've discussed this before but I can't find it..Anyone have a clue as to what went wrong? Thanks in advance for your help..It makes me crazy that they 'suddenly' stopped working!! mad.gif" border="0

Ok..thru my panic, I think I found what I needed...Barney, #2 Fuse right? That's got to be the problem...I was thinking that the guy that did the oil change did 'something' to clear the pad so as not to set off any alarm or lock himself out..I'm sure he didn't go thru all the 'green wire' thing?! I just can't believe it all happened in a 3 mile drive..It's making me crazy trying to figure this out! shocked.gif" border="0

Ok, well that didn't work...pulled #2 fuse to look at it, and all the interior lights went out...back to looking at the fuse chart..Nothing here mentions anything about the keyless entry...This 'can't' be this difficult..Plus - after looking at the fuse panel, I'm missing 13,17,18..But the Trunk release, fuel door release (#13) the Trunk light (#17) and the automatic level control (#18) all work!! UUGgggggggg! mad.gif" border="0 I just want my remotes to work like they did earlier today!!! PLZ Help..I'm going crazy! (And it's not a far trip to begin with!) grin.gif" border="0

Guest EDBS0

All together toooo often a "problem" manifests itself right after an owner or dealer does "something" to the car. It is often easiest to find a new problem by looking in the area of the old problem to see what got touched, knocked of or otherwise moved.<P>I would ask the dealer if he did something to the system. I do not completely believe in these coincidences.<P>good luck

• 4 weeks later...

DID YOU EVER GET YOUR REMOTES TO WORK AGAIN. BOUGHT A REMOTE FROM REMOTES UNLIMITED AND FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY FOR MY 89 REATTA BUT STILL CAN'T SEEM TO GET MINE WORKING. ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS?

Guest tempest68

My first pair of remotes from Remotes Unlimited did not work either. I called and verified with their tech-support that I was doing the programming correctly (I knew I was, based on www.reatta.net instructions, but wanted to humor them). They had me send the remotes back, and they sent me a new pair. The second set programmed in 30 seconds, as advertised. Bottom line, call them and see about a new pair.