Sign in to follow this  
50silverstreak

1950 Silverstreak

Anyone have any idea what the value of the sunvisor for one of these cars is worth?? I got one with the car and I'm not sure if I want it on the car..Just wondering what I should ask for it if I don't ..thanks

Hi. I just registered and I don't Know if this is the same place where I was. I have a '50 Pontiac 4 door that I'm restoring. I'm glad to have some company to discuss things.

T Square

You're at the right place Christopher. Sounds like an interesting car you've got there. Another place to get a lot of information about your car is through the Pontiac-Oakland Club International (POCI) and its Early Times Chapter (www.earlytimeschapter.org). Good luck restoring it.

Guest 1GirlCarClub

HIi everyone, i just found this forum, iv been reading all the replys on here and have already been learning alot! haha

I just got a 1950 Pontiac Silver 8 Streak Streamliner Deluxe

It just got painted, not finnished yet!

I made a thing for pictures in my profile but you can also visit:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/1GirlCarClub

Could anyone let me know how much this car is worth?

I was also wondering what a Deluxe stering wheel looks like?

as you can tell someone mikey moused my car with different chrome parts

I found a new hood ornemant but im still looking for a Grill and a pair of the SILVER 8 STREAK side fender emblems

Please help?

xoxo

Danielle

'48 here. Hi guys I just picked up a 1950 fastback too. Wow! Popular find all of a sudden.I was looking for a parts car for my 48 (streamliner)when into the junkyard this week came this 1950 Pontiac Streamliner with 57,000 miles on the 6 cylinder. I couldn't let it go to the crusher so I grabbed it for a parts car for the '48 4door. I will have pictures for both cars up tomorrow. It sure is nice to see all the chit chat about the 50 silverstreaks and I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys somemore soon. Thanks, Doug in CT.

Hello Pete,

The 50 Fastback is turning out to be the great parts car for the 48 4 door.What does your catalina look like?

It needs total restoration. The car has many options but it all needs work. It has the straight 8 and manual trans. fog lamps , fender skirts,spot light,bumper wraparounds,dual cigarette lighters,under hood and trunk lites,lighted hood ornament,under seat heater and radio but it all needs to be restored. It also has whats left of mud flaps and curb feelers too. The sun visor was on it at one time but is long gone.

pete

This is the Tag number on my door post on the 50 Fastback

F6TS7395 Can you tell me anything about the car. I know the F stands for Framingham MA. the S is Standard the 6 is 6 cylinder 7395 if the #'s started at 1001 this would be a late 1950 Deluxe 2door fastback Can someone tell me how many cars were made in Framingham Mass. that year Thanks Doug

hi, it not possible to tell you how many of just one body style that pontiac made before 1961, all the records were loss in a building fire a long time ago. i can break it down by 6 or 8 cylinder engine, standard or hydra-matic transmission, there were 32,572 1950's pontiac built at the framingham assembly plant, so your car was built during the first three months of production, not a late car. the eight cylinder pontiacs that year outsold the six cylinder pontiacs by almost 3 to 1. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

we do know how sedan deliveries were made, commerical vehicle

we do know that only 630 1957 pontiac fuel injection bonnevilles were made, one per dealership

Edited by pontiac1953 (see edit history)

pontiac1953; hello there and thank you for your quick reply That's good stuff! I appreciate it

' 48 Dougie K

Hey christopher I have a silver streak business man coupe I am restoring I am in the process of switching over to 12 volt system I found a guy who is converting my generator to a altinator honestly he explained the whole process and now I am eliminating unnecessary wires. The guy is actually taking the generator core out using the same casing and exterior parts and stuffing an altinator inside so it looks like a generator but is really running a12 v system now I can add other electrical components if need or want

I am having serious issues finding aftermarket parts for my silver streak and really want too restore it as original as possible can anyone point me into a direction

Hey christopher I have a silver streak business man coupe I am restoring I am in the process of switching over to 12 volt system I found a guy who is converting my generator to a altinator honestly he explained the whole process and now I am eliminating unnecessary wires. The guy is actually taking the generator core out using the same casing and exterior parts and stuffing an altinator inside so it looks like a generator but is really running a12 v system now I can add other electrical components if need or want

Just remember restoring means back to original, 12 volts and a alternator makes your car a modified car. That will change your antique insurance ( if you have that type of insurance ), and will if you ever show your car put you in with all the modified cars.

Always try to do a resto using original parts… most aftermarket stuff is cheap off shore junk.

What do you need?

New to this site, am looking for some information on my Canadian Pontiac Streamliner 4 door, appears to be originally green.

Many parts are missing and not too sure on restoring or putting modern rolling chassis and power in it.

Model 22-08

Serial 0220828707

Engine W137154

Body Serial 2430

Trim 431

Paint 55

I also have a  1950 Pontiac Chieftain 4 door that is all original