Chassis code/ lowering springs

Would anyone happen to know the chassis code for a 90 reatta coupe. i m looking to lower my reatta a litte after i put on my 18 inch HRE's. A chassis code would help the most to see if any other buicks or GMs have the same chassis. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot <BR>Mike running 11s i mean 10.99s in the quater i mean 17.00;s grin.gif" border="0

If you mean a gas charged strut, they can be had. A charged strut, as I understand it, will exercise some ride height control, though most of that is done by the spring. I don't know of the longitudinal spring exercises a variable rate that would compensate, to some degree, for rear loading.

Nah... Trofeo is, I think referring to GM's "Level Ride" which was available on the other "E" bodies. The system utilizes air shocks with a compressor to keep the car from dropping in the rear when the vehicle is heavily loaded. It was not available on the Reatta.

Many Reatta owners find the Riviera rear struts are much more common and easier to find and they have the "level ride" type.<P>It would be fairly simple to add the lines and fitting to add a manual version to the Reatta. But, since few owners load the trunk with heavy items or pull a trailer, the option is not needed.