OPA3

sahein

What could be causing the OPA3 reading to reach 9999 in about 3-4 minutes of driving?<P>Picked up a 3rd Reatta. White/black blue interior. 1g4ec11c3jb904163<P>Acceleration is sluggish and there is a severe shudder in 4th gear.<P>It is an 88 with 77k miles but it has this problem. The price was right.<P>Possibly burned valve? Bad knock sensor?<P>Already checked plugs and wires and tried another ignition module.

Lots of things - bad motor mount, exhaust mount, bad timing chain, piston slap, rod knock, squirrel sitting on head and cracking nuts against block... Some cheap, others not so.<P>Anything like that should be audible though. After 9999 it stops counting so need to watch knock retard (next data point) to see if still climbing.<P>Could be in the market for a cheap one that needs mechanical work (have never been able to do pretty).

I took out my stethoscope to listen for abnormal engine noises and couldn't find any.<P>Then I got the bright idea to listen to the injectors firing. I heard the clicking on all but one. That is when I noticed that the electrical connector was not pushed down all the way. This solved all of the problems. It looks like my gamble paid off this time.