Oldslady Liz's '55 98

Oldsfan

Guest oldslady liz

wow weeeeee i am sorry i did not know you posted this.. must have been when pc crashed.. what a gorgeous car.. just beautiful.... i cannot believe i found someone with a 98...55 in this great condition..so nice to see,....

Guest 55olds98holiday

Thank's Liz, I just posted them about an hour ago. Your's is beauty as well.Love the colors. I have'nt seen one in your color combo before.Then again I don't see many 55 98's at all. Enjoy driving her. Gary

Guest oldslady liz

Your car is just beautiful... my car looks good in pic but you should see it now... it was completely restored.. the only thing waiting for now ..is the chrome and everything to go back on... i had new glass made and all chrome rechromed and new paint.. same color.. here are a couple of pics... tell me about yours ... a little history.. yes these cars are rare.. thats why it is even more exciting to meet some one else with one.... and a gorgeous one..!!!carfreshpaintoct2008001.jpg

Guest 55olds98holiday

Can't wait to see pics of it finished. It looked pretty nice already. Mine is really nice, not perfect but really nice. It is equipped with power windows, power seat,autronic eye. Still has original leather seats,headliner and dashpad,all in great shape, new carpet.Car was painted in factory correct colors in late 90's. Chrome is a combo of original and replated.All mechanicals work beautifully. A very solid car all around. Only things that do not work are the clock and trunk light. Who did your chrome work? Were you happy with the quality? I'd like to have my vent window frames redone eventually.

Guest oldslady liz

i will pm you the information...if your interested .. they took a longer amount of time to do it then expected but from the looks of the chrome he did excellent work... here is pic of chrome..i had all the windows including vent windows done.. . i will really know when car is all back together..that won't be until spring.. our weather is too bad here to venture back to restoration place... once it is back there it should go fast.. right now all windows are out..side panals inside are out.. etc etc... your car is beautiful... i cannot tell you how much i love these cars... solid safe and comfortable and ahead of its time.. i have all the power everything too..mine is a holiday too.. and i think that meant they were fully loaded.. i love your skirts... looks good with your car.chrome002.jpg.

Guest 55olds98holiday

Betcha can't wait till spring to get it all back together. I noticed you have radial tires, how does it ride. I have the original style BF Goodrich Silvertown bias ply tire's on mine. The bias ply's tend to wander a bit on badly surfaced roads but you get used to them. They ride pretty smooth otherwise. I'll probably use Paul's chrome for my vent window frames, they're a bit pricey but I've heard nothing but good things about the quality.Production numbers for the 55 98 2 dr hardtop was 38,363 don't know how many remain. Total production for all 55 Oldsmobiles was 583,179 the majority being 88's.Production numbers for 54 and 56 98 2 doors were much lower.I'd love to get a pic of mine between a 54 and a 56. Maybe one day.

Guest oldslady liz

Do you show your car?... we intend to at least hit all the local shows this summer.....we went to quite a few last year.. we swept them off their feet just because you never see a olds 98 .. yes they are coker radials are very good... We love driving it to the shows... never a problem.. hugs the road.. we do not do more then 50mph.. yes your better off with a chrome person near you.. we found this one local.. very rare to find one here.but like i said took so long.. . florida has quite a few..so you can keep on them... i called every other day.. or i still would not have it back... they have so much work...

Guest 55olds98holiday

I show my car quite often. We have a local show every tues. night that draws about 100+ cars during fall,winter,spring. There are a variety of other monthly and annual shows as well.I've met numerous people that had a 55 olds 88 or 98 and it really brings back fond memories for them. I went to a show last year where a man had a 55 98 just like mine,same color combo.First one I'd seen at a show. We both got a kick out of it. His had the continental kit.

• 1 month later...
Guest oldslady liz

wow that must have been great to see.. someday maybe i will run into someone with the same as mine... next time take pics... my car is still in the shop ... all chrome is back on...getting engine work...master cylinder...brakes, pistons and steering all new parts if needed .. i will get her home in about a week...

Guest oldslady liz

Do you happen to know the interior seats etc that was available in this model..did they have leather..just curious..

Liz,

The "standard" interior in a 98 Holiday coupe had nylon cloth inserts with leather bolters.

There was an optional "custom" interior which was all leather (dimple leather) and was done similar to the Starfire convertible interior. It was only available in ivory/green, ivory/blue and ivory/black.

Paul

Guest oldslady liz

thanks paul, you are a world of information... i wonder if i could go all in leather.. i was hoping it would be leather... if and when i redo interior i wanted to go leather as long as it was stock.. so the only thing would be i would go ivory/burgandy.. thanks again