Reatta Comp Question

Guest Greg Ross

Not available 'Off the Shelf"<BR>This is Padgetts' Department, I'd expect if you ask he'll tell you what Hardware is needed and what apparatus you must build to accomplish this.<BR>Or, <A HREF="http://www.haltech.com/Products/ECUs/E6GM/E6GM.pdf" TARGET=_blank>http://www.haltech.com/Products/ECUs/E6GM/E6GM.pdf</A> <BR>check this out,<BR>perhaps Padgett could tell us if this puppy is compatible with our antique ECMs'<p>[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: GM Ross ]

Am asking. Computer part is simple. Hard part is the I/O (Reatta has quite a few) and maintaining the ALDL stream (what the BCM needs).<P>Reprogramming stock ECM requires about $200 in equipment (have posted what is needed before) and maps of the PROM. All is available.

Have gotten reply and there seem to be a few problems with the Haltech:<BR>1) No 8192 baud ALDL output. This means there is no data feed for the BCM (RX/TX appears to be PC connection)<BR>2) MAP rather than MAF based<BR>3) Only a single fan output (not sure how much good LO does anyway)<BR>4) Two injector outputs instead of six (must fire a bank at a time - not really that bad just not the same.)<BR>5) Many inputs just not there<P>Other than that, the pinout does not match anything so a harness adapter will be necessary. And then there is the $698 retail price.<P>If it were me, I'd rather start with the stock GM 1228253. For $700 I could buy another ECM, the tools and software necessary to reprogram, and have enough left pver to buy another complete setup for the 15-year-old hacker of your choice.<P>While on the subject, it appears that both the L-27 (91-93 Supercharged 3800) and the 94-95 L-67 used P4 computers with a similar structure as the Reatta. <P>The bad news is that the later one (ECU p/n 16183247) has a 27C512 PROM, twice the size of the Reatta's 27C256. I do not know which PROM the 91-94 16141470 used but suspect from notes I have seen that it may be the 27C256.<P>If anyone has a 91-94 FSM with a Supercharged 3800 containing the pinout of the computer, if you could scan a copy it would be appreciated. Then I would know which it would be easier to start from (I suspect the easier one would be to change the later ALDL data stream to match what the Reatta BCM is looking for).<p>[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: padgett ]

Guest Greg Ross

Padgett,<BR>I have a borrowed '94 Bonneville (Book 1) FSM and copies from Book 2 which should contain that data.