'Cockpit' cover for convertible

I saw on the Chrysler TC Web Site an advertisement for 'Cockpit Cover custom made for the TC and a perfect solution for keeping the leather of your car free from the suns harsh rays, those summer showers, or the friendly folk that fly...'. Anyone know of one for Reatta? It's a great idea.<BR>Thanks!

The last car I bought had one in the trunk. It's tan, and a little shrunken, but it works well. Covers the windshield with a velcro hook that attaches to the windshield wiper. Velcro loops on both sides go around the mirrors. Cloth-covered hooks on straps attach to the rear wheel wells. Final attachment is a cloth roll about 18 inches long and as thick as your thumb. It holds the rear down by shutting the trunk lid on it. I've considered having it reproduced, but don't think there's that big a market. Can't give you a pattern, but if you'd like, I'll shoot several digital pictures of it and e-mail 'em to you.<P>Jerry

Jerry,<BR> Many thanks for pics-very interesting!<BR>The car cover company that Mr. Eaton represents makes some sort of cover along this line for other makes-not Reatta-this looks nice/professional-is it possibly factory/manufacturer tag on it?<BR>Nic

Saheim: Sure the cover will not fit coupes; it's the rear window thing. However, Barney has asked me to take the cover and my car to his carcover manufacturers so they can make a pattern. They might be able to adapt it to the hardtops.<P>Forum: Photos, although not good, will be posted, courtesy of above.<P>Jerry

Guest dukeofo

I'm also interested in this. Please send photos, and/or put me down as interested if/when a pattern is made.<P>dorplace@kc.rr.com grin.gif" border="0

I have talked to my contacts at Covercraft and they will probably make the convertible interior cover. They are doing it more as a favor than a good economic decision.<P>With only 2500 Reatta convertibles made, the potential sales are very small. If they make them available in the same materials as their other patterns, the following choices should be available. <BR>The prices are my GUESS.<BR>Grey Polycotton (sun protection) $55<BR>Evolution4 (three color choices, sun and rain protection $64.<BR>Tan Flannel (sun protection) $64<BR>NOAH (sun and rain protection) $71<BR>Sunbrella (six colors) $115<P>DO NOT expect to see a coupe interior protector. You can get a full cover for about twice the price.