Driftwood just sold for $11,250. Sorry, RRR!

Hate to burst your bubble, senior member RubbedRawReatta, but during your postings, two people have come here to bid in person on the Driftwood convertible. You see it all above: $11,250 -- and it's going to a private collection in Salt Lake City. <P>And, trust me, if it had been a 25,000-mile car, the price would have been at least another $5k higher.<P>Jerry

Thanks, guys. <P>One bidder drove up from San Diego; the other guy's agent flew in from Salt Lake City to bid for him. Tried to talk him into listing the VIN with Barney, but the new owner (a pretty well-known sports figure) apparently treasures his privacy. It really was a nice car!<P>Jerry

Consider the source, Robert. Cowards hide behind the cloak of psuedonyms. I have a pretty good idea who the creep is.... And by the by, I didn't say the buyer was THAT big a figure. (I had to ask who he was.) As far as him wanting "an old American car," I was told he also has a supercharged Avanti and a '49 Ford woody wagon. (I offered to trade straight across for the woody, but got laughed at.)<P>Jerry

jj,<BR> Keep your chin up guy. Some people are never<BR>happy,(like my ex-wife),,,,I am tickled that<BR>you are getting the prices. It shows me that<BR>people are starting to see what great little<BR>cars these were. <BR> I have a 90 Driftwood coupe due in my garage<BR>tommorow,,,,my 3rd Reatta, And it won't be <BR>my last!!!!<BR>DA

Why would a well-known sports figure be interested in an old American car? There are plenty of other low-mileage Reattas out there.<P>You're so full of it.<P>Hey, I have to put on my big boots whenever I click on one of your posts.

Guest EDBS0

<B>OOOOOO</B>OOOOO<B>oooo</B>ooo<P>Wonder who's ISP address is logged on the above post? confused.gif" border="0 <P>GM Ross is correct ATTA BOY JJ congratulations!