pinstripe suggestions

Guest drtoddh

Guest drtoddh

I have decided not to repaint my "89 red Reatta. The paint itself is in excellent shape. I was going to do that to fix a few door dings and the pinstripe which has faded in areas. I have decided to just live with the door dings unless someone has a great suggestion to preserve what otherwise is excellent paint condition.

My question is, what can I use to get the pinstripe off without hurting the underlying finish and is there a replacement kit or a stencil to hand paint it somewhere? Thanks, Todd

Just a suggestion...Take the car to the best detail shop in your area.....if you have a good one they will be able to remove the remains of the old stripe by buffing. I did a full squirt job several years ago, and had my stripes painted on rather than taped...cost was $95.00 (that may have been dealer cost...not sure).

I have a ding tool that I bought in 2002/3 (nationaly advertised, but forget the name), before the full squirt job. I used it to attempt to take out some small door dings...did not remove all of the ding/s, but did make them less evident. This one was a "glue type" tool. I read somewhere recently that there is a didng tool out now that does not use glue.

Good luck....

Guest drtoddh

thanks for your suggestion, I have the ding tool "ding King" but have been hesiant to use it. I bet that's the one your talking about, it uses glue. maybe i'll give it a try. thanks

Guest reattasteve

An easy fix I saw in Flint was going over the painted stripe with stripe tape. Looks as good as new with little effort. I beats buffing off the old paint stripe and trying to paint it over. Try it first if nothing else. Good luck.