Where can I get a 2E battery for my 47 Clipper

gearhead

I have been trying to find a battery for my 47 Clipper for some time now. All the major retailers show that this battery has been discontinued. The 3E batteries for the later bathtub Packards are readily available, but not the 2E.

Does anyone know where I can get a 2E? If push comes to shove, I may have to make a new battery box to fit the 3E, but that my be a tight fit in the engine compartment.

Any help would be appreciated.

I inquired about one for my 47 Clipper about 3 years ago from NAPA and they were still available. I ended up buying one from a local auto electric shop and he had one made in Canada so they are availbale. Apparently some industrial or paving equipment still uses this size.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your advice.

Interstate does not have them, nor can they get them. Trust me, I spent about an hour on the phone getting bounced from pillar to post. Their old car batteries are made by Penn Battery in Pennsylvania. They don't make this battery any more.

However, I ordered one from NAPA and it came in the next day. I am now fully charged and running down the road.

Great forum!! Appreciate all your help.