Convertible top color

impala

I've been reading the current rule book and noticed the body color doesn't have to match the cowl tag as long as it is a color offered by the manufacturer.

Would this same rule be applied to the convertible top color?

My cowl tag has T2 which is a black top on a 61 Impala. The car is Ermine white and I would prefer the white top (T-1).

Am I correct to assume there would be no point deduction?

Thanks for any input on this.

impala

Thanks Susan and yes it was offered. In fact most Ermine white 61 ragtops did have the white top as opposed to black.

I think it's a much better look for the car.

Would this be something I would have to carry documentation for or would it be obvious to judges?

impala

You are very welcome and novaman is correct. Always, always have your documentation with you. The burden of proof is on the owner.

And please be patient with judging teams as you progress toward your goal. Some are new, right out of apprentice school. Some sent in their form to sign up to judge early and still didn't get any of the four classes they indicated. We are not professional judges. We are volunteers that donate our time and spend quite a bit of money to travel to attend the judging schools, CJE classes and judge on the field. We do this no matter how hot, cold or wet the weather is. crazy.gif You have the ability to educate these fine people. You will enjoy meeting them. Heck, someday you might join us in this end of the hobby. smile.gif