Firing order and pits positions on rotor cap 84er V6 252 cui

Marius

Hi! I'm from Europe and owner of a 84 Riviera Convertible! There is now a problem with the car:

I changed all spark plugs and wires, rotor cap ...

I don't know the firing order and the positions on the cap for the positions of the cylinders.

Can somebody help me?

Please tell me where on the motor is the first cyl. passengers side or drivers side? front side (there where the belts are) or back side (to passenger-room) - even so the exactly positions of the 6 cyl. on the distributor cap!

Thanks Marius!

Marius,

Cylinder number one is on the driver side front of the engine by the power steering pump. The firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2, and the wire retainer should be numbered for each spark plug wire. If you replaced the distributor cap, make sure that you swapped the coil ground lead from the old distributor cap into the new cap! Let me know!

Good Luck,

Tim McCluskey

Marius,

I've been trying to contact you about the moldings you wanted. They're off and ready to be shipped.

Please send the funds (US dollars as we discussed) and I'll get them to you. I still have the shipping info from the last time you inquired.

Ed

That means that de Cylinders on the rivers side are 1 3 5 passengers side 2 4 6 - the distributor cap was replaced and i swapped the coil ground - sure!

I replaced the magnet into the new cap - also this little finger contact, with the spring on the bottom!

about the molding, i will searach for the account informations, call you later! thanks!

one more thing on the distributor cap is a pice of plastic where the numbers are on it but it can be mounted in two ways, i need to know where the positions on the cap are! Thanks very much for your help!

Marius,

Look closely at the spark plug wire retainer and the coil cover, you'll see it only goes on one way. There are two tabs on the coil cover that fit into two notches in the wire retainer to correctly orient the two parts together.

Tim

is it possible that someone send me a picture of a manual? I don't know where the problem is, the firing order is correct, neu plugs, cabels and so on.... maybe a problem with the caburator?... would be very helpful to give me a few tips