wanted 90 or 91 Reatta convertible

I can relate, I too hated the camel interior and it was very common. But I guess a lot of people get tired of the gray interior. Mine is burgundy/burgundy.

I assume you are talking about the comment made by Regalgal on the Jade Green 1991 convertible? I believe that was her attempt at sarcasm!!!

FYI...Today's St. Petersburg Times

1990 Reatta, convertible, white, red interior, garaged, excellent condition, 101k miles, $8500.00, 727-360-4305.

I have not seen the car, just passing it on.

The pricing discussion on the Reatta convertible is very interesting and informative. Thanks to all contributors. I've been watching Reatta pricing, as well as that of other two seaters. Recently I've noticed a decline in the pricing of the 1990 to about 1995 Mercedes 500SL/300SL/SL500/SL320. This car was produced in large numbers but has been eclipsed recently by a brand new, better SL500. Yesterday I saw on a dealer's lot in Fort Collins a 47K, dry western, red '92 Allante (no hardtop) with a $14,990 price tag in the windshield. I don't follow Allante, but that asking price seemed lower than I would have expected for that mileage on the car. Maybe the coming Cadillac XLR roadster introduction will further reduce demand for Allantes? As for the Reatta, it is so unique and rare and supply of nice cars is so limited that pricing of the car may not be what is experienced with other two seaters. For me as a buyer and user, $12k to $14k is too much when a very nice SL can be bought for that. But I still love the looks, rarity and Buick heritage of the Reatta.

Ranchero: I agree with your thinking - it the alternatives like the SL's and corvettes that are keeping the prices on the Reattas down right now. The thing that scares me to death about the Reatta (other than the brakes) is who will make the replacement parts 10-15 years down the road? I don't think you will be able to buy, for example, door pannels like you could a vette or more mass produced car. Replacement parts houses won't bother to manufacture because of the limited production - no money in it. So what happens to the cost of replacement parts in the future? (even if you can find them) UP, UP, UP. I been there and done that with other "rare" low production cars. The Reatta will be without a doubt one of the most expensive cars to restore in the future. That is why I search for a low mileage, one owner car now - it will be too costly in the future to own one. My advice to anyone that intends to keep their Reatta a long, long time is buy a cheap parts car now - it will be the best $3,000 - $4,000 you ever spent.

I still think the 1991 is the way to go!! Coupe or convertible!!!!!!!!!