Pontiac Dealer Codes

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there is a list of Pontiac dealer codes other than the one posted on the Ultimate GTO site? There's great information there, but it's still incomplete, and I'm hoping to learn the dealer my 1966 Bonneville convertible was sold at. According to the PHS documents, it was Zone 7, dealer 855, but I don't know who that is/was. I believe that the car was purchased in West Michigan, possibly Muskegon, Grand Rapids, Holland, or Grand Haven. I have owned this car since March of 1982, and bought it from the grandson of the original owner. I realize it's a pretty cold trail, but it is fun to learn about the history of our old machines, isn't it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Mueller

POCI Member 36361 and Early Times Chapter Member

post-55312-14313798679_thumb.jpg

<span style="color: #3333FF">I think Shawn Mattingly`s "Ultimate" site is the most complete collection of Pontiac dealers I`ve ever seen. Keep checking back there, as he updates it once in a while, as more visitors send him info. I`d also try pounding on Google for any combo of "Pontiac Dealerships" I could think of.</span>

Thanks! I'll keep searching and checking the list for updates. I had re-established contact with the guy I bought the car from in 1982 (the grandson of the original owner). He said he would be happy to share information with me, but he never responded to my emails after that, and his email address no longer appears to be active. I might try sending a letter.

• 1 year later...
Guest johnta1

I started a Dealer / Zone Code page:

Search Dealer Zones

To add to the database:

Dealer Code Input Form

Here's your Dealer info:

<table border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#dbdbdd" valign="top"><td>Zone</td> <td>Dealer Number</td> <td>Dealer Name</td> <td>Address</td> <td>State</td> <td>Info</td> <td>Comments</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#fff8dc" valign="top"> <td>07</td> <td>855</td> <td> Windatt Pontiac</td> <td> Muskegon Heights</td> <td> MI</td></tr></tbody></table>

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hannibalhann

thank johnta1, you help me also find my dealer also,, smith motors co.,, 16-539 laurens sc 1968 firebird 400 ho 4 speed convt:):)

post-42794-143138173942_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...
On 6/3/2008 at 8:44 PM, Kevin Mueller said:

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there is a list of Pontiac dealer codes other than the one posted on the Ultimate GTO site? There's great information there, but it's still incomplete, and I'm hoping to learn the dealer my 1966 Bonneville convertible was sold at. According to the PHS documents, it was Zone 7, dealer 855, but I don't know who that is/was. I believe that the car was purchased in West Michigan, possibly Muskegon, Grand Rapids, Holland, or Grand Haven.

07 855 was Windatt Pontiac in Muskegon Heights MI.