PLUG IT IN

Guest Sue Bell

Guest Sue Bell

What did we plug in? My car was cutting out this morning, losing power. Hubby found something unplugged on the driver's side fender wall, a triangular shaped plug with 2 pins in it, perhaps a voltage regulator. Is that what we plugged back in, and if so, should that solve the cutting out problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LouZ

Hi Sue,

If it was the voltage regulator, we have to consider the charging system was not keeping the battery fully charged, causing low voltage in the electronics and electrics, That could cause poor running that would include cutting out

Guest TC Toad

Sorry, but I don't think you plug in the voltage regulator: The charging system voltage regulator is part of the SMEC electronic computer on this car...That would be a bigger connector with a lot more wires. The mystery continues.

Guest TC Toad

Sorry, but I don't think you plugged in the voltage regulator: The charging system voltage regulator is part of the SMEC electronic computer on this car...That would be a bigger connector with a lot more wires. The mystery continues.

Guest REDMAN

son jack in fla had simular problem , and after lots of advice and trying solutions ,he found the positive cable on the battery was not puttig the correct voltage to the system ,and a new positive cable ,cured his delima . the old cable had a replacement end on the battery end , just one more sugestion from an old guy