1922-? Nash hood latch

Does anyone have an early Nash hood latch photo? Mine is a 1922 and I will need to fabricate all 4 for my car. A close up photo would go a long way to make it look right.this was most likely used on earlier as well as later years. I'm also looking for a set of proper top bows, the ones I have are for a much earlier or taller make of car. Thanks for any help you can offer

post-44363-143137985983_thumb.jpg

post-44363-143137985991_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well now I have been in contact with one other Nash owner that needs hood latch info for the 1922 and maybe earlier had them as well they went through the hood and latched onto a bracket inside the engine compartment. could use clear photos of the latches and the orientation of the latch catches on the inside also. I will fabricate the missing pieces. If you know of anyone with this set up would you let them know of our quest? Thank you

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey i have an old hudson would that be the same thing.. Steering column looks just like that one in the picture.

Does anyone have an early Nash hood latch photo? Mine is a 1922 and I will need to fabricate all 4 for my car. A close up photo would go a long way to make it look right.this was most likely used on earlier as well as later years. I'm also looking for a set of proper top bows, the ones I have are for a much earlier or taller make of car. Thanks for any help you can offer

I have been fortunate to have been sent a few photos of a set of castings that someone was using to redo their latches, this gets me into the ballpark. For others reference I will post them here. I would still like to see a photo of an original one if any are out there.

post-44363-14313819516_thumb.jpg

post-44363-143138195162_thumb.jpg

post-44363-143138195164_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thank you this is the conundrum I have been facing, The latches I am trying to replace were a Nash (bad) idea. apparently the original as used on my car were subject to some type of recall. I am attaching some photos one is of dealer type changes to the hood to utilize a better latch system. I guess yours was a factory fix so I believe my car has an early setup for latching down the hood. I have seen one other hood set as the one in the photo. The other two are my hood and what I will try to achieve. Thanks for everyones help with photos sent.

post-44363-143138275446_thumb.jpg

post-44363-143138275469_thumb.jpg

post-44363-143138275471_thumb.jpg

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)