trans cooler lines

Guest craig hewitt

Guest F14CRAZY

Is it the rubber or metal that's leaking? With either, personally, I'd cut them out and replace them with some quality rubber hose (rated for ATF use) sheathed in flexible plastic conduit. Cheap, easy, and reliable.

As Philip said use ruber trany line. Also there are brass fuel lines with a yellow plastic ring that work well to install the trany lines. They can be found at most parts stores in the fitting section. They are the same line fittings that the Hyden company uses in there aftermarket coolers but are much cheaper from the fitting racks.

Guest Mike_s

I had the high pressure line repaired at a local hydraulics shop,they reused the metal tubing ends, replaced the rubber tubing with similar id and od rubber tubing and then connected it all together with nicely crimped connections. No charge, made my day.

The first shop I went to wanted to use one of their stock industial hoses and a bunch of adapter fittings. It probably would not have fit well.

I would think custom or aftermarket is the only way to go. When I bought my Reatta, they were leaking, so I went to the local GM dealer [he said they were discontinued] and he printed a list of what dealers around the country had them. There were 2 of 1 line and 1 of the other. I got one of each. I am sure the last are gone now.

Guest Drake

When I bought my 89, both transmission lines were leaking. I went the way Mike described. Removed old lines, and a local hydraulic hose shop made up new ones. The technician said he did not carry the automotive type rubber hose, and had to use heavy equipment 3000 psi hose (talk about over kill). They look and work great, and will be around long after everything else on the Reatta fails.

Guest reattasnohio

I just purchased new lines from the dealer for my 91. Buick here locally sent me to a caddilac dealer. One was an exact match and the other called for a trans cooler which I added to make it work. I should have asked here first!!!

Chris in Ohio