PEERLESS Wins Class at Show

jeff_a

I heard from Peerless Club member Philippe Mordant that his recently-restored 1927 Peerless 6-72 Sedan took first-in-class at the Rallye de Bruxelles.

The event was on April 27th, 2008 in Brussells, Belgium and the class was "Voiture de Prestige 1925-1930". I don't know if this should be referred to as a Car Show or a Concours. The photos I've seen show the Peerless displayed on the grounds of the Royal Museum of Art and History, inbetween a Type 35 Bugatti and an Oldsmobile Phaeton....so I'm leaning towards the concours description.

This was the car's first entry in a judged event. The next-earlier class, for 1920-1925 luxury cars, was won by an open Rolls-Royce.

JEFFS_PICTURE.JPG

Congratulations on the win!

+

+

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Great job Philippe! Photos please ! We Americans love photos, especially of Peerless cars winning in Europe.

Bryan,

Philippe sent me several excellent photos of his Peerless at the Rallye de Bruxelles, but I haven't been able to post them on the forum successfully. The "Peerless 1927 6-72" thread here on the Peerless Forum has a link to the RVCCB. Look at that and there IS a new set of photos about the Rallye. Good pictures of the cars in general -- but only one shows much of the Peerless (#17....big sedan to the far right). ----Jeff

JEFF_PICTURE_2.JPG

Wayne, Thanks for helping me put the photographs up on the Forum. The Wizard is in! It had only been about 1/2 an hr. since I figured how to do an end-run around some technical problems and get the images beamed to you.

Now about 20 people should chime-in & tell us if that really is a 1928 LaSalle Phaeton (my guess) "next door" to the Peerless. Note: what I thought was a '28 LaSalle Phaeton turns out to be an Oldsmobile instead. Isn't it grand to see a Peerless in such good company?

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)