VIN NBR

Saw this Reatta form my motel window. 1988, 119422 miles, Blue/Blue/Blue, Vin nbr 1G4EC11C3JB901697<P>I remember someone asking for vin nbrs when vehicles are spotted. Hope this helps.

Guest Ranger

Hale,<BR>Don't take Barney too seriously, he told me that Reatta didn't make a convert. with a red exterior and a burgundy interior because "it would be too ugly". Barney did the research for me but still lists the interior as red on the data base.

I saw a 1991 Bright Red (not Claret) with Burgundy (Red, not standard 1991 Flame Red)interior Reatta Convertible in the Herb Connolly Buick showroom in Framingham, MA during July 1991. They claimed it was the last one built but I was not in to VIN #s then and never verified the claim which I thought was dubious anyway. By the way it was ugly! Never saw the color of the top, as it was down.<P>This dealership was suppose to get a Polo Green coupe to put away in the Connolly collection but received delivery of the Red/Burgundy convertible. The story was that Herb Connolly would take a significant car every 10 years and put it away new. Have not seen any of the others yet. Herb Connolly has been deceased for many years and the Herb Connolly dealership no longer sells Buicks. Only Chevrolets and Acuras. Quite a combination.<p>[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: Marc Brouillette ]

Guest Stan Leslie

Mark,<BR>If you see that car again, take a second look as the 88-90 "burgundy" red interior was replaced by "flame" red in 91. The 91 red with red interior looks pretty good, especially with a white top. I agree that the burgundy red would be ugly, but have never seen one.

Further clarification..........<BR>In 1988-1990, Buick called the burgundy interior "red", but everyone agrees it is burgundy. You could get that "red" interior with "Claret Red Metallic"(code76) exterior, but not with Bright Red (code81) exterior.<P>As Stan stated, in 1991 the "red" was dropped and replaced with "flame red", a much brighter, color. At the same time, this new red became available with Bright Red exteriors, and was not available with the Claret Red Metallic exterior.

Guest Ranger

Here we go again. Barney, I sent you all the codes in the trunk in Nov. of 01. My burgundy interior '90 convert. has the paint code "81" bright red. You said "it is possible that there might be a few others but not sighted." when you refered to the odd color combination. You decoded the label, you told me again what I was telling you, please accept the fact that Reatta made an ugly color combination but it's not too ugly when the top is down.

Well, did they or didn't they make a bright red car with a burgendy interior? Do we believe the bean counter or the guy who says he has one? grin.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

I test drove a '90 in Nashville a couple of years ago that was red with a blue interior. Talk about hidious! (No, I didn't get VIN or other info)

GM has a long history of "anything the customer wants" (at slight additional cost) particularly with relation to color. If on option code existed that did not conflict with something else, it could be had.<P>Not necessarily by anyone, but if someone in the loop knew how to diddle the system...<P>The other possibility is that someone made an entry error or fat fingered an option code on the order form.<P>One thing I have learned about options (and even whole cars) is "Never say never".<P>Some combinations were recomennded, others were not.