Stuck in the middle of a Carter rebuild Ned Help

Hi all,

I am stuck in the middle of a carter 1 barrel rebuild and need alittle help. I come to you all to see what it is that I am missing on this one. I have the body rebuilt but need help on some of the linkage to get it all back in the rigt places. I took some pics of it before the tear down but no I see that they didn't get what I needed. HELP! smile.gif I need to figure all of this out for a 47 dodge inline 6 Thank you all for your help on this one. Talk to you all later on,

James

As mentioned by Rusty O'Toole, pictures from an original equipment shop manual or factory parts manual will be the only place that you will find exact information on your model.

If you acquired one of the inexpensive aftermarket kits with instructions, you will find the instructions are generic for ALL carburetors of the type - somewhat close for all but CORRECT FOR NONE!

The original Carter literature is also not overly helpful, as Carter laid out all of the parts in the carburetor in part number order and took a picture. This is NOT an "exploded view".

Because of the inaccuracies of the generic forms, we omit them completely from our kits. Nothing at all is better than something which is incorrect!

Jon.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry everyone for not getting back to you all sooner on this one. I have been slammed with other projects and just came back to this one. The number on the carb is. 6-429 also says Ball&Ball on the side of the float bowl. I was told that the link in question is called the "high Iddle" stepdown. I am not sure how it gets linked to the carb. I have all of it rebuilt but still need to figure out the one link arm and that little step down so that I can get it completed and back on the engine again. I can send pics if you all need. Just let me know on that one. Thank you one and all for all of this!

James