eBay Item #170219966805 - Buyer Beware

Ronnie

I don't like to put down anyones car in public. I see no benefit in doing that. BUT, at the same time I don't want to see any member of the forum get burned either. If someone is seriously thinking about bidding I will supply them with details (facts) about the car if they PM me. I looked at the car today.

Guest MauiWowee

Fair enough. I ass-umed that you were exposing a scammer once I saw the -1 feedback. The car is already past it's value and still hasn't made the reserve. cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matthewlawe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I looked at the car today". Why not share your observations here on the forum of your impressions and what you found ...the good, the bad, the ugly...? Regards, 1989 White/Blue </div></div>

Now that the auction has ended I will tell you what I know.

THE GOOD:

1 - Looks good from 20 feet away.

2 - Starts and drives OK.

3 - Good tires.

4 - The car had just been detailed.

5 - Nice chrome tips on exhaust.

THE BAD:

1 - The car had over 184,000 miles showing on the odometer NOT 90,000 as stated in the auction.

2 - The wind shield had a crack about 6" long.

3 - Brake warning lights came on when the brakes were applied.

4 - Power steering pump had a loud whining noise.

5 - Steering column could be pulled from side to side. Either loose or worn out.

6 - After market air cleaner.

7 - Passenger seat broken, would not stay upright.

8 - Parts of trunk lock missing where key is inserted.

9 - Door panels loose.

10-Worn places on seats had been re-dyed.

11-Ugly after market radio.

12-Transmission fluid had a burned smell.

13-2 deep dents in trunk lid the size of a nickel

14-1 dent next to the trunk lid.

15-Numerous chips in paint that had been touched up.

The reserve was originally set at $3500. I see the seller lowered it at the last minute so the car would sell. Another trick of the trade to get the highest dollar from an unsuspecting Buyer.

I hope the winner of the auction has the opportunity to back out of the auction without losing money.

Whoa! Another reason to have sufficient pictures

whether it be real estate, rentals or autos. If

the pictures are lacking, one can be assured that

there is something that the seller doesn't want

to buyer to see or be aware of. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Thanks Ronnie</span>.

I think I will follow up on this to see the

results of any feedback.

Regards,

1989 White/Blue

Buyer Beware is the best policy. I have bought cars off eBay. However, I have never paid a cent until I have actually seen the car with my own eyes. With photo editing software I could start with a car straight out of the junk yard and produce photos that would have you dying to get your hands on it. Photos don't mean as much as they used to.

A word of caution... be careful in trying to intervene in the sale of the car in any way. It is possible you could be held liable for interfering with the sale. That is why I didn't do anything to stop him from selling the car. By time I saw the car it was too late to report him to eBay and they wouldn't do anything anyway.

Good point about photo editing software! As far as

liable is concerned(and for our purposes)it is the

printing of an <span style="text-decoration: underline">untruth</span>. But better safe than

sorry, I reckon...

Yeah, best not to get involved as we are not harmed

by the sale. Leave that up to the buyer. It's just

not our business.

Regards,

1989 White/Blue

Guest Ranger

"Yeah, best not to get involved as we are not harmed

by the sale. Leave that up to the buyer. It's just

not our business."

Really, great attitude Matthew. I guess I don't understand why we should ignore possible fraud when someone else may be hurt.

Jim Too

Guest Dan Cook

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I truly think that members SHOULD be warned of potentially bad sellers!!!!!!!! </div></div>

This being the case, be careful of buying from American Classic Cars, Inc. I bought a car from them that was misrepresented and I'm building my court case now.

Dan