Sign in to follow this  
Mika Jaakkola

Ed Geins Ghoul Car ?

I just watched this video and am almost speechless.

I had never heard of this guy until he came up on this thread.

As one commentator said near the beginning of the film. This macabre stuff stirs an inner fascination that one can not turn away from. I guess I fit in that category.

I don't see the discussion of his car as anything celebratory of his life or actions, its just a discussion of a small piece of some very strange Americana.

We talk about Bonnie and Clyde as if they were some kind of American hero's, and we are all fascinated with the famous gangsters of the 20s and 30s. Not in celebration, but in a certain interest in the kind of history that is truth however bazar.

The hero is whoever snuck over and burned the house down.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

A spammer brought this topic up to the top of the page and even though the spam post has been deleted it has generated enough interest to keep it at the top for another day once again. I guess some old topics just stay in style...

Thread resurrection 2.0.  From a short home movie of the auction day at Gein's estate : Ed's '49 Ford Fordor.  Video is 100% verified as being that event.  Tho it appears a dark blue here, people who knew the car personally have repeatedly confirmed it was maroon.  Regardless of the event's degree of unpleasantness, it is history and as such, deserves to be recorded accurately.

49 Ford 1.png

About 1958, a friend had a beautiful green 49 Fordor like that with dual exhausts on the flat head V8.  I guess at my tender age I was smitten with the flathead sounds

and always liked the old V8's.  Not for carrying stiffs, but it would a bunch of live teenage boys.  Now I drive a 1934 Fordor an when unknowing people ask about what

it is, I can identify it by saying it's a 1934 Fordor like the one Bonnie & Clyde died in..   A point if identity that is unversally recognized.   

On 11/4/2015 at 8:51 AM, AlCapone said:

With all due respect why do we devote attention to such an individual! A serial murderer and body snatcher should not be celebrated! IMHO

Wayne

With all due respect why do you call yourself Al Capone? He killed a lot more people than Gein did.... :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Lebowski said:

With all due respect why do you call yourself Al Capone? He killed a lot more people than Gein did.... :o

I doubt you will get an answer as he has not visited since November of 2016...

21 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I wrote a too long post about hypocrisy and irony regarding what "Al Capone" wrote earlier in this thread. When I realized that was no longer with us, either in spirit or reality, I deleted it all. I thought, why continue to torture this distasteful subject?