Ed Geins Ghoul Car ?

Resurfaced thread, ghoulish stuff.

That kind of thing interests people because it is just far out of the realm of their everyday life. There is always intrigue in others whom are different.

A memory of mine from when I was fairly young is about my mother and father going to the movies to see Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf. I was probably around ten at the time. They were discussing at the dinner table and mentioned that an Aunt and Uncle had seen it and hated it. My mother said "Aw, it was just another night at home for them". Those candid insights from my mother and father appear to have given me a view the other kids didn't get. It is not a ghoulish comparison but a good comparison that makes life a little more entertaining when you see the workings.

• Like 1

This video had been posted on youtube by it's creator yesterday, and I considered putting it in it's own thread on the AACA forum, but thought it might be a bit too depressing for some. Since there's already a (somewhat) similarly themed thread, however, maybe it could exist here without too much distress to others. It really is kind of an amazing collection, though I'm kind of disappointed that they display the Third Reich cars along side other later unrelated cars.

Mostly, it's a good introduction to Mark Felton's videos, which are always outstanding. He's a British WW2 historian, and his productions present aspects of the war in a way that most of us (who aren't WW2 buffs) have rarely considered. I highly recommend you check out some of his other videos.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JamesR said:

This video had been posted on youtube by it's creator yesterday, and I considered putting it in it's own thread on the AACA forum, but thought it might be a bit too depressing for some. Since there's already a (somewhat) similarly themed thread, however, maybe it could exist here without too much distress to others. It really is kind of an amazing collection, though I'm kind of disappointed that they display the Third Reich cars along side other later unrelated cars.

Mostly, it's a good introduction to Mark Felton's videos, which are always outstanding. He's a British WW2 historian, and his productions present aspects of the war in a way that most of us (who aren't WW2 buffs) have rarely considered. I highly recommend you check out some of his other videos.

I think a new post would be best for hitlers cars, there’s a lot of info and a lot of cars.. this post was specifically crelated to find the two cars that went lost after the Gein estate sale... apples and oranges

Just now, Jamesalister said:

I think a new post would be best for hitlers cars, there’s a lot of info and a lot of cars.. this post was specifically crelated to find the two cars that went lost after the Gein estate sale... apples and oranges

As I stated in the first post, my opinion was - and is - that the topic of the videos might be too depressing for some folks, so I opted not to create a thread around them. Probably less depressing for folks who are willing to click on an Ed Gein thread 😉. If the mods want to move the videos to their own thread, feel free to do so.

Interesting videos James. Thanks for sharing.

Sensational cars.  They shouldn't be hidden away or considered stigmatized due to former ownership, after all it's never the car's fault who chooses to own it.

The Russian museum environment looks less than stellar.

@JamesR

I’m subscribed to Mark Felton on YouTube. I have youtube premium with no commercials and watch it on Roku. I rarely watch any corporate networks. 
His productions are historically correct and insightful. The past isn’t always a nice or fun thing for some but completely necessary. If we forget the past we’re destined  to make the same mistakes made. 

As for the cars, they were works of art. They serve well as a reminder that evil people are still just people. That’s the scary part of humanity. We can agree on cars and technology but not how to treat one another. 

Edited by BobinVirginia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BobinVirginia said:

As for the cars, they were works of art. They serve well as a reminder that evil people are still just people. That’s the scary part of humanity. We can agree on cars and technology but not how to treat one another. 

Well said, Bob.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...