Sign in to follow this  
my65riv

what is a good additiveto counteract 10% ethanol

I was wondering if there is something that can be added to this 10% ethanol gas to make my vehicles run better?thanks.

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN

The obvious solution is dilution. Just add more real gasoline.

I know that is not what you were looking for ...I just couldn't resist!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: landyachts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if there is something that can be added to this 10% ethanol gas to make my vehicles run better?thanks.

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN </div></div>

What is "better"? Is there something specific your car is doing now that it wasn't doing before you put E10 in it? Other than lowered gas mileage, <span style="text-decoration: underline">slightly</span> diminshed performance (barely measurable for most street cars), and bad reactions with very old aftermarket gas tank coatings not sold since the early 1990s I've heard nothing concrete.

Other than eating the shellac finish from my cork float (which I replaced with an homemade brass one) I have found no problem with E10. In fact for the 60 to 70 gallons of gas I purchase each month I don't concern myself with it at all. If I go into a different station and their gas has or hasn't got ethanol it makes no difference to me. I havn't really noticed any difference in power or mileage. I just came back off the I5 interstate return trip to Seattle. E10 down and regular back, driving 55-60 mph on a 87 degree day, I didn't notice any difference.

I agree. In Michigan, it pulls any water out of our tanks. It also cleans injectors. I prefer real gas, but twice per year I purposely buy a tank of gasohol. Not all stations here have it.