Michael_Biggers

new carb for 1927 Buick

The marvel carb on my 1927 buick has cracks in the cap. liquid weld did not work. Looks like I need a replacement. I also need inside door handles and window cranks. I'd love it if sombody can point me in the right direction to find these parts.

Michael, Is the car a Master or a Standard? Is it a pot metal or bronze float bowl? I might be able to help.

Dave

Hi Dave,

My car is a two door 1927 Buick sedan standard. It has a bronze bowl. This was my dads car for 40 years. Now that he is 86 years old I'm trying to get it running again. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Michael

Take a look at e-bay motors there are a carburator item number: 190222217414 ,or search on 1927 Buick.

Leif in Sweden.

Michael - the carbs with the bronze bowls have a flat aluminum cap. They don't really complete seal. The better kits come with a new cap. Kits are less expensive than carburetors.

Jon.

Michael

Did you check Bob's Automobilia, they speicalize in buicks. I have gotten a lot of stuff from them and they great to work with.

Ray

I am also looking for a 1927 Buick marvel carburetor it is a standard with a bronze bowl. 

Swin10,  Start a new thread,  saying what is wrong with your carburetor.  If yours is not broken it can most likely be repaired.  There are a number of topics on this Pre War Forum on the Marvel carby of this period.  As Leif said,  say where you are.  There may be some body near by that can help.

• Like 1

I have two Marvel carbs surplus to my needs. One from a '26 standard and one from a '27 standard. They were both on running vehicles when removed.