How to tow two cars at once!

Ok folks, this is for real! Observed this last week on our annual MG club winery tour. While coming home from the Petersburg Va area on Route 460, we pulled into a gas station for a break, and while getting ready to depart, we saw this going on out behind the big rig pumps. First, a couple of guys pull in with a pick up and an open car trailer. On it is a not bad looking Merc sedan. Another couple of guys pull in with a roll-back and a well used race car on it. End-to-End, the first team runs a hand-operated come-along from the pickup bumber across the top of the Merc and hooks onto the old race car. Another guy uses a floor jack to lift up the front of the old race car, and they drag it up ontop of the blue Merc. They then secure the whole mess with a single tie-down strap looped through the rear windows on the race car.

We decided to leave in advance of this convoy for obvious reasons. Last seen, they were inside the "quick-stop" buying up every bungie cord they could find. Never hurts to have a couple of extra bungies I guess.

Enjoy the pics.

Terry

post-30751-14313798345_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143137983455_thumb.jpg

After 27 years of law enforcement experience, I have a saying that covers that photo....

"Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow man!"

The worst part of it is that the white truck has some sort of sign that seems to indicate that they are "professionals" at that sort of thing.

Terry, can you photoshop the photo so we can read the sign on the side of the white truck?

With scrap steel at over $10.00 per 100 weight, I bet I know where they were headed.

You know that old load you saved to restore someday? Now

may be the time to cash in. I know a guy that just got $310 for 1955 Oldsmobile 4 door. That's way more than it was worth as a "Collector Car" and he kept the motor & transmission.