NEW!! Judges you can pay ONLINE!

You asked for it and now you finally have it. The first step in being able to pay online for our meets is operational. Judges can pay their breakfast fee online now with a credit card. This has been a priority directive from our board of Directors and we are happy to make this announcement. We will be working hard on the next step in allowing credit card payments for the meets themselves. Thanks for your patience!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you been dipping into the alcohol?</div></div><span style="font-weight: bold">HECK NO!!! </span> I'm crazy enough without the alcohol. crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Actually I wanted to make sure that I had it right so that I didn't enter online, pay by credit card, and then find out that I wasn't registered because I didn't send in a hard copy.

Guest windjamer

Give him a little slack Steve,he is working hard to bring a super meet to my birth place. Wow, 2010 two meets in less than 200 miles. Can I sign up now??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give him a little slack Steve,he is working hard to bring a super meet to my birth place. Wow, 2010 two meets in less than 200 miles. Can I sign up now?? </div></div>

Just wondering, what two cities are these two meets in 2010 going to be held at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering, what two cities are these two meets in 2010 going to be held at?</div></div>The Eastern Division Spring Meets (that Dick is talking about) will be

1. Spring Meet - June 5-7, Canandaigua, NY. (the original home of our fire engine)

2. Fall Meet - Hershey.

I am the meet chairman for the 2010 Spring Meet. I haven't gotten the showfield set in stone, but once I do, I will be finalizing the other details. Right now I'm waiting to meet with the college, and once their schedule can fit in with mine, it'll be a go. They just re-newed the contract with the performing arts center, appointed a new college president, and commencement was this past Saturday. Now that they've finally caught their breath, I expect to get everything set in stone within the next two weeks.

Once everything falls into place, we will most likely be having judging school, roundtable discussions and Friday night entertainment in an outdoor amphitheater overlooking Canandaigua Lake. Our meet will be held in a very nice setting, but nothing we will do will ever top the beauty of the meet held this last weekend in Cumberland.

In the meantime, I have been going to events and looking to see what I like and what I don't like, and taking notes.

Guest windjamer

Pat I thought you where going to hold it in Rochester,my mistake. You are right about Cumberland Sure was nice

Nope Canandaigua. It's closer to your place. Besides you can shoot up Rte 17, to Rte 14, and come into Rte 5 so you don't have to pay that higher toll to help supplement the governor's call girl fund grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Our Region is based out of Rochester, but Canandaigua is nicer, lower taxes, lower crime, and in my stompin' grounds. If the deal with Canandaigua were to completely fall through, then we'd most likely move it to Henrietta.

......But Charlie's is less than a quarter of a mile and they have their version of Nick Tahou's garbage plate. It's in a safer neighborhood, but you can still get the same heartburn.

Guest windjamer

Canandaique, Late 60s had a sign at village line said Home of the ham what am ham. Pat keep the beer cold see you in 2010 Dick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ex98thdrill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Eastern Division Spring Meets (that Dick is talking about) will be

1. Spring Meet - June 5-7, Canandaigua, NY. (the original home of our fire engine)

2. Fall Meet - Hershey.</div></div>

ex98thdrill, thank you for answering my question.

Looks like the meet at Canandaigua, NY. is about 275 miles each way from my house.

Further than Cumberland would have been had I been able to attend. Hopefully, I will be able to attend and see the lake up there.

BTW, I just received the current issue of the AACA Magazine.

Has anyone else noticed that there does not currently appear to be an Eastern Division Spring Meet listed in 2009??

Isn't it getting kind of late for such a meet to have not been announced and being worked on??

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone else noticed that there does not currently appear to be an Eastern Division Spring Meet listed in 2009??</div></div>Unless something has recently changed, that event is not spoken for. I was offered it, but didn't feel that we had enough time for planning purposes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: javabug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the title of this meant something else althogether! </div></div>Sorry to have seen this slip through without ANY comment! Java, you must have been up too late last night.

• 1 month later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first step in being able to pay online for our meets is operational. Judges can pay their breakfast fee online now with a credit card. This has been a priority directive from our board of Directors and we are happy to make this announcement</div></div>I haven't seen anyone say anything about the online payment for judge's registration. For the first time ever, I registered to judge online for a national meet (Hershey), and it was slick and easy.

To our executive director and our many fine board members, thanks for listening to us, and continuing to work hard for all of the members to make AACA a better club for everyone. So many times you have to hear our gripes and complaints about things, and yet here is a case where you guys did something good and no one was giving you any praise. cool.gifcool.gif