Sign in to follow this  
Steve Braverman

Dodge Ram Problem

I notice that many people tow with Dodge trucks, as do I, so I thought this might be a good place to ask a modern vehicle question. My 2001 Dodge Ram has a bad lamp socket for a front turn signal. According to the local mechanic, this is somewhat common. The dealer wants $38 for a new socket. Even the parts man thought it was a crazy price. The local auto parts store says there is no aftermarket replacement. Any other sources or ideas?

Do you have a salvage yard around there ? I found one for 10 bucks at a Pick a Part..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoneberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a salvage yard around there ? I found one for 10 bucks at a Pick a Part.. </div></div>

Oh yeah, we have junkyards. I guess that's worth a shot.

hey let me check at work tomorrow I may have one in my tool box if you havent found one yet. if i do give you a good deal. i work at a chrysler dealership.

have 2 types either one will work tryed them on a parking lamp housing. one is just the socket that plug into the harness(also have the plug for it) othe one is socket that is part of the harness. tryed to put pic on here but cant get them to work. If interested let me know they are yours for what ever it cost to mail them. wife said shouldnt be more tham 5.00. either let me know here or my cell # 814-661-1049 up untill 9pm EST.tonight or anytime tomorrow.

I would very much appreciate a new socket. The one I need is part of the harness. It uses the bulb with the flat base. I'll call you tomorrow.

post-48034-143137983261_thumb.jpg

recieved your letter today parts should go out wedesday sometime. sent both types and the connector for the one both types will work in your lamp. use one and make a xmas deco out of the other.

I received the sockets yesterday. Thank you very much. What a great example of the benefits of AACA membership!

that type of socket i have had a lot of problems with them in the past on quit a few other cars as well, the 3157 bulbs do not make a proper connection and they burn or melt the sockets,,