Hershey Pictures

jgorel70m

I am currently working on a new web site for the AACA - the 75th anniversary site. When finished, it will contain the complete history of the AACA including photos. If you like to see early photos of Hershey,

1. go to the AACA 75th Anniversary web site

2. Choose PHOTO ALBUMS from the menu

3. Choose 1950s

4. There are Hershey photos on

1954 - slides 47-50

1955 - slides 75-80

1956 - slides 9-13

1957 - slides 27-28

1958 - slide 2-3

5. Or if you prefer, you can go to TIMELINE

Click on the decade of choice; then AACA; then the year you want. You will see a menu listed under the year at the top of the page. Choose CLUB ACTIVITIES and then FALL MEET. The page will shift to that section about Hershey.

I am currently up to 1958. Please check back as more will be added. This in an on-going project.

With regard to the photos from the 30's, those were just nice used cars back then. LOL

oh, kind of like the 70's cars that are now shown? Let's see, this year someone can show a 1983 Toyota, right? LOL, REAL loud. David Coco Winchester Va.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kind of like the 70's cars that are now shown? Let's see, this year someone can show a 1983 Toyota, right? LOL, REAL loud</div></div>You laugh now, but 30 years ago there were people who felt the same way about pre-war cars (early '40's), 50's cars, and 60's muscle.

What was laughed about yesterday is not laughed about today,

What you laugh about today won't be laughed about tomorrow.

Times change, generations change, cars change and tastes change. Learn to accept it and remember that there once was a time when someone felt about the things that you like, the way you feel about things that you don't like now. Change is hard, but being able to accept change is what is needed to survive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ex98thdrill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kind of like the 70's cars that are now shown? Let's see, this year someone can show a 1983 Toyota, right? LOL, REAL loud</div></div>You laugh now, but 30 years ago there were people who felt the same way about pre-war cars (early '40's), 50's cars, and 60's muscle.

What was laughed about yesterday is not laughed about today,

What you laugh about today won't be laughed about tomorrow.

Times change, generations change, cars change and tastes change. Learn to accept it and remember that there once was a time when someone felt about the things that you like, the way you feel about things that you don't like now. Change is hard, but being able to accept change is what is needed to survive. </div></div>

AMEN! Yes, change is hard, but without it, organizations like the AACA may have found survival to be a much tougher challenge than it has been.

I have encountered a certain amount of "attitude" for the last 10-15 years in the car hobby.

When I get that attitude from people I just keep smiling and say to myself that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Overall, the more open minded people outnumber those with less open minds.

This topic has been discussed more than a few times in the past.

People will restore vehicles that they have some attachment to or vehicles that hold some meaning for them.

That includes vehicles from the 1960s, 70s, 80s and beyond.

BTW, next time you see me driving my vehicle onto the show field at an AACA event and I have a smile on my face chances are I heard either

a compliment about my vehicle or a snide comment from the crowd. Either way, they make me smile.gif.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">chances are I heard either a compliment about my vehicle or a snide comment from the crowd. Either way, they make me smile.gif. </div></div>I've found that the people who are most critical about someone else's vehicle either:

A. Don't have any type of car at all.

B. Knitpick and run your vehicle through the dirt knowing that nothing that they own will come anything close to being as nice as what you've got.