53 Coronet restore

red ram

I am a newbee who is starting a 53 Coronet with Hemi restore. I have wasted hours on line loking for a reliable parts place. I am starting by trying to find a wiring harness and a three speed tranny. Any advice would be helpful. Stan

I would try Rhode island wiring for harness although there are others that I cannot think of right now and as far as tranny you will find that the longer you have car and the more shows you attend with the more people you talk with the more doors will open up for you. I personally know nothing about your particular car but I am sure it is a beuty and wish you the best of luck in your resto. Just have lots of patience and be persistant and it will pay off.

Hi RedRam. Go on line with Google or a search engine and find Moore's Auto Salvage, I think it's in one of the Dakota's. The have an extensive amount ot older Mopar salvage. Also try BigMAuto salvage in Williams CA. He is really into Mopar in big way tries to concentrate on 55 to 61+, but should have some 3 speed mopar trannies.

• 1 month later...
Guest hekay

Hi Red Ram. Rhode Island did a harness for my 54 Cononet a few years ago. The quality and fit were excellent.