No heat in Minnesota!!!

Guest BigDan

Guest BigDan

We've had a cool April here in MN and I've needed to warm my '89 up a little from time to time. It's stored all winter so I normally don't have a need to use the heater. With climate control on, set at maximum heat and fan on auto, I get the blower but no warm air. I tried a lot of different combinations with the controls and once got it to blow very warm but I'm not sure what I did. Anyway, by following exactly the instructions in the owner's manual for heating the car, nothing happens but the blowing of unheated air. The car is in great shape, has 43000 miles, cruises at 195 Farenheit. Any suggestions welcome and thanks in advance.

Dan

Dan

Sounds like either the heater programmer or a broken/cracked vacuum line to the programmer.

The heater programmer is located behind and below the glove box.

If your heater is blowing cold air and will switch from defrosters to vents to floors then the vacuum line is OK.

You can take out the glove box and then change the controls on the climate screen of your CRT and watch and see if the lever on top of the programmer moves.

I have good programmers available and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com