Replacement Vinyl for consoles

RivNut

I'm starting a new post based on some threads from another post. Some of you might look at this if you haven't been following the other post.

All 1963 Rivieras and the 1964's with the standard interior had a black vinyl on all of the console pieces, behind the center a/c duct, and in the radio housing.

We've been looking at camera vinyls trying to get a good match, but haven't been lucky enough to do so.

I did some more searching based on some old info that I had forgotten about until just now and found this.

http://members.nucite.com/genViewImage.php?i=198689&m=1032

It's a source of vinyl for covering speakers. It doesn't say whether it's self adhesive, but that wouldn't be a big problem if it wasn't. I don't have any original pieces of my '63 vinyl left so I can't compare this to the OEM stuff. Jim sent me a picture of his unmolested ash tray a year or so ago when we addressed this, but that picture is not around either.

Would some of you with OEM vinyl take a look at it and compare it to this. If this isn't close, go to the home page for this company and see if there is anything that matches.

From what I gather, there are a lot of guys in need of something like this. Let's pool our resources and see what we can come up with.

Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: petelempert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed's right. Clark's just began carrying it. It's not yet listed in the catalog. The kit is pre-cut and an exact replacement. It's $234.34. I'm saving my nickels and dimes. PRL

</div></div>

I wish he would carry the pieces seperately. All I need is the radio console.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimtash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish he would carry the pieces separately. All I need is the radio console. </div></div>

Due to slight fading and discoloration of the original, your new piece would stand out as slightly different. Even if his replacement vinyl pattern is "the same' as original, it might differ slightly from your original. When you replace it all you guarantee a good match between all pieces and it will look really good.